ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Impulse buy of 2020

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
A lot of car for not a lot of money.

Let me know how you get on as it could be a good alternative to the Evo.

From what I've found out since, he was looking to go self employed and was in a hurry to sell. Prices for these are all over the place, I'd say it was at least 4k under valued, personally. Service and health check booked in for 24th so won't be doing a whole lot with it before then. Itching to, though

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
So went and had a proper look over the car and took it out for a couple hours today. Drives flawlessly, the low down punch really catches you out as a passenger, feels a lot more aggressive than most cars I’ve driven with that sort of power. Probably a trait of the 2.5.

Sadly found some rust on the near side rear door and door seal which I didn’t spot initially, but the condition is remarkably ok for the age, minimal peppering. Will leave for now although I always end up fixing things I shouldn’t

Degreased the engine bay whilst I was there. SMD Friday for belts and full service.

A4398104-CE74-45A9-A544-5FEBF647398F.jpeg
2F98A37E-BFCD-48CC-8FE8-E2E531D65AC5.jpeg
7D0A701B-7E44-46CC-8627-6646C3FD6AA1.jpeg

3B4E78EE-036F-4FC8-8E74-F9887A34C944.jpeg

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Indeed, defo want to use it! That won’t cost much to sort.

Yeah, but this is me. I'll end up getting the whole car done lol. I'll try my utmost to keep it localised :D. Thankfully, besides a small inch scratch in the driver's door there are no parking dings besides one in the door and sill that's rusted which is handy.

Have you been in one of these btw? It feels so much heavier than an Evo. 1500kg curb weight, so it would do. Everything about it just feels that bit more refined and chunky. It's weird how the rivalry works between the two cars because they're just not the same. Only in deep heritage, I suppose.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Aye, I can imagine the Evo is a lot more nimble tbh. However I wouldn’t sniff at one of those, I actually prefer them to the hawk eyes.

They look some that a geezer I knew had on his RS Turbo about twenty years ago, his ones lit up (red)

- Those Prodrive wheels look much nicer.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Car left with SMD till tomorrow morning for belts/water pump/ oil change

Pretty reasonable news, all in all. Minor things. ARB bushes will need changing, pin missing from balljoint which is easily fixed. Bigger-ish jobs was one of the top mounts needs replacing, and the heatshield (turbo and mani need to come off so it's a bit of a pig).

All in all not bad - he said it was one of the better newer scoobs he's driven. Will likely take the car back. Plan on replacing all the OE suspension out with freshness.

I also picked up 4x Pilot Sport 4's on the way home today for the new feet.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I remember going to view these when they first came out, in the showroom. It felt much more refined than any of it's predecessors. I was half tempted back then.
I agree with the wheels, they're gash. Interested to see what you do with it.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I remember going to view these when they first came out, in the showroom. It felt much more refined than any of it's predecessors. I was half tempted back then.
I agree with the wheels, they're gash. Interested to see what you do with it.

It feels a lot more planted and refined than my old VIII, I know that much. wheels were due yesterday but didn't turn up, unfortunately. Bit gutted as wanted to see what they looked like.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Picked the car up from SMD today. Looking a lot better, and the new plugs have gotten rid of a hesitation at 3k. Quite impressed with the new suspension thus far. Really comfortable ride on the road, and not crashy at all. The only complaint was the car was stuck on the ramp for a couple days, as they sent the wrong part twice.

All ready for Summer, just want to get paint sorted next.

Had a major service inc Cosworth Kevlar belt, tensioners, water pump etc

MeisterR coilovers and full geo. (15mm drop)

Prodrive GT1s fitted along with PS4s.

F73E56DE-A533-4793-854A-E7E28F62E532.jpeg
7311A8B5-3A9A-41E8-AF5D-4EB7891C9F4C.jpeg
5A8199C3-12D7-409A-9DEC-772CE1523534.jpeg
56820FD0-F31E-477D-A89F-510134486438.jpeg

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
What a difference..

The wheels look a little bit of a weak offset for those arches mind.

They’re almost identical to the 330s wheels, so it’s weird as to why. Camber doesn’t help. Lol, not sure if I can be bothered to spacer it