ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In need of a new exhaust

BG Clio 182
Typical ive got my MOT on Monday and sounds like it has blown slightly, i think the vast majority of the exhaust is the original from factory. Now my question is will i get through an MOT with an exhaust that sounds like it is slightly blowing?

Ive spoken with my garage today and they are going to put it through the MOT and then we will see what the outcome is. Now i think i may have to get a new one anyway as its quite old i would think, I would want something that sounds as close to OEM for sure as i wouldn't want something so loud as i still do some motorway driving but something that give it a nice subtle rumble that wont annoy me or my neighbours.

Now for makes who are the best what comes recommended?? Ideally dont want to spend a fortune not bothered about decatting it not interested in that, so it needs to be a cat back system so in have no issues with future MOT's etc...

Any views?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve got the scorpion one from ktec on mine. Been on for 4 years or so with no issues and still looks new underneath. It’s non resonated so is quite loud. Sits lovely though with the tips matching the bumper profile

4A0335F9-8B26-4D09-86DE-362A3BEDA1D4.jpeg

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Nice so resonated would be quiter then? What style are the ends?

totally ignore me! Just searched my emails and it’s actually a janspeed one from from ktec. Was ordered December 2015 so actually closer to 6 years it’s been on too!

Resonated would be quieter. Mine also doesn’t have a cat which doesn’t help

Clio sport 182 RB
I have a milltek resonated cat back, it’s perfect if you don’t want it too loud but has some rasp.

BG Clio 182
Thanks for the opinions guess i shall see if i manage to get through the MOT tomorrow, but it seems either way my exhaust is on its last legs.