ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In the process of buying this.....

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
ytatedet.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
You will love it they are a real fun car to drive, with a few basic mods Revo. Stage 4 or similar they then become a really fast point to point car.

FRS
Is it really worth it? 20-22k? What do you do for a living? A nice sprint blue 57 plate s3 can be picked up for £13,000 .

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I work as a barristers clerk in London - been there 14 years working my butt off. Always wanted a RS and in two/three years I can't see the prices dropping much

FRS
Maybe he doesn't want a nice sprint blue 57 plate s3?

i just find the interiors of the rs very bland, identical to your 1.6 focus bar a boost gauge or so !

I've been considering either an rs or s3 long enough now, the rs exterior is gorgeous, as well as a brilliant engine, the dash etc just puts me off,

for £18,000 i'd say its on 45-55,000 miles?

Looks nice dont get me wrong, and i agree the value wont dip much!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Yeah 50k but I only do about 8k a year if that. I went for it as it's got the keyless entry and leather recaros - think it's Lux 2

I had the clio 8 years and loved every second but time for a change. The noise alone is worth the money

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Blue was the only option for me. I'll get some better pics up next week.

Barpppp barppppp

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Lovely!
Will miss mine when it goes to be honest, they are an excellent all round car on a dry day!

Ad

MK2 FRS
I got it for 18k

Good price really considering the spec and with 1k off the screen price. Its the exact spec I am after, just a little too early, though I am going to stretch over the £20k mark for a montune one if I can find one.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
One fella literally leaned out of his puma when it went by and waved! I'll see how it goes - you only live once!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
This man speak sense - I reckon in two or three years they'll still be 13k ish

Ad

MK2 FRS
This man speak sense - I reckon in two or three years they'll still be 13k ish

Yep.. you only need to look at how the RS500 is keeping its price. New RS' will no doubt be starting north of 30k, so ample space in between.

FRS
The residuals alone mean the RS is the better buy.

that age of s3 isn't going to drop any more i would say its the perfect time to get one, whereas.. By the time the rs is payed for ( 4-5 years ) probably 40,000 miles later + wear and tear it'll be worth £12,000 in 2017 ( guesswork )

wayne9989

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Nice upgrade! My Step Father has one in green on a set of super rare RAYS wheels, in-fact it was featured in one of the ford mags a few months back. What a machine!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I'll get better pics next week :) it's getting all cleaned up and paint guarded. I'm so excited, it feels like Christmas when i was 7

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
that age of s3 isn't going to drop any more i would say its the perfect time to get one, whereas.. By the time the rs is payed for ( 4-5 years ) probably 40,000 miles later + wear and tear it'll be worth £12,000 in 2017 ( guesswork )

I see what you're saying, but lets look at Ford RS cars.

RS turbo, FRS mk1, FRS mk2, RS cosworth.... Be honest, unless you live in a cave 24/7 you'd know that they are better investments than any savings account.

A nice 2002 Audi S3 can be bought for £3-4k. It's at least double that for a tidy mk1 FRS. That's a big difference!

FRS
Very very true, however i'd imagine that audi produced at least twice the amount of s3's as ford did with the rs, in both mk1 & mk2 form, there being an rs will no doubt be rarer than an s3 meaning holding value better.. Like a trophy ;)

plus old shape s3s look super shite i'd rather a renault 5 campus.

clio 182 trophy
Lovely bit of kit mate! There is a green one just down the road from me and even though I'm not a fan of the green paintwork, I still stare at it every time I pass it!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I love the blue - white and green are both nice but blue seems more subtle

Thanks all - my missus is furious