ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

In the process of buying this.....

FRS
I'm guessing half of the people who are dissing the s3 8p haven't driven one, I had no trouble keeping with an RS when I had my S Tronic s3.

They're not as wild looking or sound as good but the build is significantly better, as is the interior (IMO of course)

They do lack a bit of involvement but that doesn't make them a laughable alternative.

Completely agree, someone knows what they're on about finally.

Great choice, I think I would have gone PB if I bought again. I love the green but the worry about any damage/colour matching does my head in. Watch out, modding them gets very addictive :)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
would love one cant justify the cost these days, family man / running two cars etc :) amazing car!!!

Disastra Coupe
I just had a check and the price is very strong on the focus.Quite suprising really.

Doesn't surprise me at all tbh. If it's got an RS badge it's gonna hold good money... Even mk1's are holding fairly decent money and they'll only start climbing!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im only suprised because when i was young cosworths used to hold there money well and the RS models didnt.I guess now that the RS is the top of the range so to speak they will hold the premium.

Its a shame cosworth doesnt dust off the old brown works overall coats and do one last special RS cosworth version.

Classic mini P 996
Nice buy mate would like to try one out for a bit one day, People going on about price falling etc! we don't buy cars to invest (well some cars are investments) so forget residuals and enjoy your purchase..I recommend the C63 just gone an sign my money away last month on a 13plate :) doing amazing deals on new ones so what the heck, looks like you got a deal also good time to buy.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Hi all,

Well that didn't go well..... I paid the deposit and then told the missus when she arrived back from work, to say she wasn't happy would be putting it mildly. She was annoyed as I'd got myself almost debt free and she'd felt the pressures of that. We've agreed I can get one in 7 months when my credit card has gone. To say I'm gutted would be an understatement but I can see where my missus is coming from and it's a lot of car to sit outside here not moving all day and people scratching it......

I'm saving a grand a month now so I will get one.

I have another car in place coming soon - just not 18k's worth.

She cried a lot and said she was leaving me - I almost said ok then, but I couldn't do that to her.

Yes, I'm gay

Cheers

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Yes thank god! They were really good to be fair. Wasn't embarrassing at all when I had to go back in there....... Women do my head in

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Do love my 182 though still.
Just feels a bit slow now compared to that thing!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Shame. I was in the same position last year, at that time i couldn't justify 20k on a car when it can get you on that all important ladder. Will 100% own one in a few years time.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I'm on the ladder now but she is right - I can use the money elsewhere. I will have one soon though and least I know what my next car is 100%

FRS
Sorry to hear that pal, me and the birds been looking at houses alot and to be honest i want something mental before i settle down and buy my first house, therefore i am considering an rs now, for a few reasons,

1. It would be one of the best sounding cars on the go
2. It stands out from your average vxr st etc
3. It just has to be done i have never owned anything like it or a new type car
4. The main one aswell, i feel if i keep it for three years its a good investment for the future if mileage kept low and condition good!

Sorry to rub salt in the wounds but i've changed my mind about the s3, looks way too boring.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Mount pleasant road, Lifestyle ford? Wondered where it had gone! I kept driving past this and thinking i could have got it instead of the ST. Lucky guy! if you see me around tunbridge wells, play nice. ;) LOL

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mount pleasant road, Lifestyle ford? Wondered where it had gone! I kept driving past this and thinking i could have got it instead of the ST. Lucky guy! if you see me around tunbridge wells, play nice. ;) LOL

Go back and read the rest of the thread...

So, after six pages, no FRS ? Bummer! :(
I'd go ahead with it anyway, seven months in no time at all & you might not be able to find one as good then.

It is good that they're holding their value well. I said as much years ago.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So, after six pages, no FRS ? Bummer! :(
I'd go ahead with it anyway, seven months in no time at all & you might not be able to find one as good then.

It is good that they're holding their value well. I said as much years ago.

6 pages? Oh Craig... sort it out eh!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
At least you are honest enough to put the real reason for not buying up! Fair play.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Argh nightmare. Word of advice, buy cars when your missus is on holiday.

Sarah went away for the weekend and came home to a MCS and GP on the drive lol.

Lol! My mates Dad wanted a new range rover. The mrs wouldn't let him get one. All the family went to Switzerland for Christmas except his Dad. Can you guess what was on the drive on their return?

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
The problem was I got a 15k loan out 5 years ago to help pay some credit cards off. I paid it all back fine and then she said why would I want to get that pressure round my neck again and she got me thinking. I told her this is a bit different from a loan as the car will always be worth something and that I'd make some other changes I.e cancel gym, sky and all that b****cks but then she did the line you only drive once or twice a week.....

I was going to be paying near 400 a month for a car I didn't drive.

I was whipped badly - yes ha

I regret it so much