ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Increasing Wheel Centre Bore 57.1mm to 60.1mm

Sunflower Ph1 172
Bit of a strange one perhaps.

I've been offered a set of wheels that are 4x100 with a centre bore of 57.1mm. I beleive the 172 fitment is 60.1mm, so I was wondering whether machining out the wheel centre is common practice, and if your average machine shop would be able to do it?

I will be fitting spacers, however I'd prefer not to fork out for adaptors. If anyone could suggest someone in the NW, that'd be great.

RS6 C7
It's easy to do with the right machinery, I could do it but you are a good way away. Most engineering firms should be able to sort you out.

Sunflower Ph1 172
It's easy to do with the right machinery, I could do it but you are a good way away. Most engineering firms should be able to sort you out.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to find somewhere nearby. My fresh engine will be heading ot a machine shop soon, so might be able to get them done at the same time. I jus wasn't sure whether there is issues having wheel centre bore increased, but only being 3mm I can't see there being any issues.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
good wheel place will do it. Needs a large bed lathe. only 1.5mm of material all round so a small increase really