ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indentify this mystery car.

Saw this coming back through London last night. Have absolutely no idea what it was, couldn't get close enough for a decent photo either, sadly.

e8aqa9es.jpg

6ygetu4a.jpg

Any ideas?!

pantera without a rear wing ..... proper 70's icon car

View attachment 103467

At least looking at the huge rear rims , arches , rear window etc , there are so many versions of it over its years and body kits and mods done to them they are often hard to pin down ,,,, huge haunches and stupid rear tire width is often the giveaway

Last edited:
No chance thats a Pantera

its difficult to say its not , and its difficult to say it is , it has a fair few trademarks of a pantera including the flaired front arches however the rear quaters don't look the same and i can't see the trademark diamond shaper behind the door in the rear quarter. also no upswept exhausts however i have seen them without that before .

A ANIMAL
its difficult to say its not , and its difficult to say it is , it has a fair few trademarks of a pantera including the flaired front arches however the rear quaters don't look the same and i can't see the trademark diamond shaper behind the door in the rear quarter. also no upswept exhausts however i have seen them without that before .

Fair enough - however i don't think they would change the rear quarter panels entirely to include the slats that are in the picture above. i've seen bumpers and rear wings changed but never to that extent!

Fair enough - however i don't think they would change the rear quarter panels entirely to include the slats that are in the picture above. i've seen bumpers and rear wings changed but never to that extent!

i don't disagree but are they slats , i have looked a few times and sometimes i think slats and then i look and it might be a graphic ....... the tell would be the diamond quaterlight as that would not change but it was more sold in the usa and there were loads of modded ones sadly .

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
whys someone stuck a R19 16v bonnet vent to the front of the rear arch on the above?

whys someone stuck a R19 16v bonnet vent to the front of the rear arch on the above?

The same reason everything in motorsport has a NACA duct (and the reason the R19 had one)...

Most efficient shape for air intake vs drag. Probably for cooling the rear callipers.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Good spot Mork of Ork.

Looks like one and the same, plate is same by the looks of it too.

was valued at 35 to 40k , basically an old maser that some swiss nutter fitted a one off bodykit to back in the 80's

a bit of research shows it was once white with the worlds most god awful rear lights , it also seems to have been punted from dealer to dealer in an attempt to shift it before it hit the silverstone auction ..........