ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicator Bulbs

Renaultsport Clio 182

I feel like a complete nub for asking this..........but how do I change them I have a 182 and I have just purchased some slivervisions. However seens as I got rid of the Haynes book for my old clio the other day I a little apprehensive about doing it.

Is it a 10minute job?

I dont want to break anything and then end up getting raped by reno for a new head/rear light cluster.

Cheers

Its a 2 min job - pop the bonnet, feel behind the head lamp at the top, turn the indicator holder a half turn and remove holder and bulb in one go - change bulb, and replace - easy peesy.

For the rears, unscrew hex bolt thingy inside the boot and remove the whole cluster, the you can see the buls and just change the indicator one. You cant really go wrong or do any damage.

Renaultsport Clio 182

Fantastic,

Cheers for that, and to think I have an engineering degree.....it just shows the caliber of universitys!

Cheers again

Renaultsport Clio 182

Right, success. I have done the front ones. Fairly easy......they work. But while doing so I found that if your indicator bulbs do break or stop working the ticking of the relay under the dash gets faster - warning you theres a problem - anyone else found this?

Only problem, is the bolt for the rears I cant seem to find it. I know the one you mean but am sure on my old Mark2Phase1 it was by the rubber strip? Any ideas?

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by coope182 on 26 February 2005

Right, success. I have done the front ones. Fairly easy......they work. But while doing so I found that if your indicator bulbs do break or stop working the ticking of the relay under the dash gets faster - warning you theres a problem - anyone else found this?

it gets faster because the side repeaters and rear bulbs are flashing at that speed to tell you that theres a bulb out/popped, otherside flashes normal

Yeah when my headlight was smashed the LHS indicator flashed really quickley.....if you havent got the backs sorted im sure soeon will do them for you in about 30 sdefcs at the meet tomorrow

When I changed mine I got a strange buzzz sound??! I swapped the bulbs round and it went away. Just thought Id add that to see if anyone else got it. Or is my car just a freak.