ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicator Issue (Staying permanently on)

Artic Blime 182
Alright guys and girls,

Having a bit of an issue with a Mk 2 Ph1 Clio the indicators are staying on, they are not pulsing either they are just staying on as if they were a normal light.

Even when the key has been removed they stay on and kill the battery etc.

We have tried the indicator relay and had no luck, is there a separate relay for the hazards or is it the same?

The only thing i can think of is if there is the circuit crossing over, shorting itself or something..

Any help would be very much appreciated :approve:

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Artic Blime 182
Now that brings back horrible memories :dead: lol.

Not sure if you remember what mine did? But it could possibly be a UCH problem?

Well yeah soon as i found out i thought of you :rasp: however they dont flash they just stay on all the time, engine on or off.

What is a UCH an where do i find it lol :D

An its not on my sport yet....

Tried pulling the fuse out for the indicators and what happens when you try to use the hazards?

Not sure on the non-sport models but the UCH on ours in under the glove compartment, it's a black box with relays in it. If you kneel down in the passenger footwell and stick your head under the glove compartment you'll see it. (If it's the same set up as the sports)

Artic Blime 182
Hazards dont do anything at all, and not tried the fuse. Will have a look tomorrow for the UCH. Thanks again Jon, ill update you on what i find. :)

Artic Blime 182
Sorry on the late reply guys don't really get the time to come on here anymore. The problem was an earth connection to one of the relays inside the passenger footwell. It was the grey relay if that helps anyone in the future. Thanks for all your help. Steve