ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicators keep blowing fuse... HELP!!

Clio Dci 80
Hello, well...

My indicators keep blowing the fuse (in fuse box under "STOP")
i think its when the indicator is switched to the right.. But am going to try and test this in the morning when i can see..

when the fuse has blown i cannot use either right or left.
My hazard warning lights still work fine...
i have replaced the indicator stork...

i have unplugged stero ect thinking that my be a problem. not at all still happens..

im just slightly puzzled by this, i think it only seems to blow when the engine is running (yet again will test this in morning)
when i took it to the garage they told me it was the indicator stork.. so i had it replaced..

it seems odd that when the fuse is replaced, indicators work fine with engine off... but as soon as i set off they die.. (im pretty sure that ive only tried to turn right after setting off with indicator. yet again will test this in morning)..

Any information or help on this, as you can imagine i dont really feel like going back to the garage at this time with them clearly not fixing it in the first place...

I have a Clio N reg (1996) 1.2 versailles

Thanks any any help or information would be very apreachiated..

Alan.

Clio Dci 80
Right well im going to jump off to bed for a few hours. I will check back in the morning or something with an update and hope someone knows whats going on with my car lol (Becasue i dont)

Thanks

Clio 172 Cup
where are you as i may be able to take a look at it for you ist most likely that you have a short from the + side of one of the cables feeding the right indicators if you can find it its easy to fix.

Clio Dci 80
right i have done some tests this morning.

With bulbs removed fuse still blows.
I dont even have to indicate for the fuse to blow, reversing out of my drive is enough to blow it..

"Big Bob" I am in Lincoln. a distance away lol

And this leads me to wonder if its even my indicators blowing the fuse, but the indicators seem to be the only think affected...

Clio 172 Cup
it wont matter about removing the bulbs but it sounds as though its the same fuse for the reverse and indicator just PM me next time your near warrington and ill take a look for ya

Clio Dci 80
im afraid i dont plan on being near warrington any time soon lol, is there anything you could instruct me to do to check this over?

Thanks for your help

Clio 172 Cup
im afraid i dont plan on being near warrington any time soon lol, is there anything you could instruct me to do to check this over?

Thanks for your help

maybe

PM me your number and ill give you a ring over the weekend