ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indicators blowing fuse

Peug 205 clio 182
Indicators blew fuse on Monday. Replaced fuse, blew straight away. Removed all indicators and rear clusters everything looks in great condition no rust or anything on connections. Refitted and blew again. Removed each bulb individually and retried. It seems it is the front right one. Fitted a new bulb even though previous was fine and it still blew fuse. Any one got any advice before I get an auto electrician in?
Cheers Giner.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Could be dodgy wire in the headlamp then. The problem then is you need to remove the headlamp to check it, and to do that you need to remove the bumper.

Just burn the car and start again 😂😂.

(too soon? 🤗)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Pinched wire perhaps. If you think it's down to a specific bulb, follow that wire and see if any damage is obvious.

Peug 205 clio 182
Just had a quick look again. From what I can see of the wire's they look good, everything on the car is pristine. So decided to remove the front right indicator bulb. So I can at least indicate left and then use my arm for right turns. But it has still blown fuse. Tried another and just used left indicator and all was fine but right blows the fuse. I'll get it looked at by a sparky.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have a similar fault with the Megane. Replaced headlight units as the originals were trashed. The second hand unit has a broken side light bulb holder (501). So popped the connectors out and swapped the holder over.

Turn the lights on and works fine, turn them off and on about it’s blown. Replaced the bulb. Checked it and it’s working, turn off and on about to make sure and it’s blown? WTF is going on? All other bulbs are fine and working perfect, it’s just the one side light on the one side and my OCD won’t let it go

Peug 205 clio 182
Had the car in at garage. They said the fault was probably with the uch. Removed the uch and sent away for repair. The repair place rang me and said that they couldn't find any faults with it. They have replaced 2 bits that usually go (wasn't listening properly to what this was exactly) Anyhow refitted the uch put in a new fuse and all has been fine. Drove to cadwell for the bsb weekend all was good until coming home yesterday. Now not 1 but 2 fecking faults. Blew fuse for indicators again. And now the heater fan is stuck on full. Removed heater fan fuse and drove home.

Peug 205 clio 182
Had the car in at garage. They said the fault was probably with the uch. Removed the uch and sent away for repair. The repair place rang me and said that they couldn't find any faults with it. They have replaced 2 bits that usually go (wasn't listening properly to what this was exactly) Anyhow refitted the uch put in a new fuse and all has been fine. Drove to cadwell for the bsb weekend all was good until coming home yesterday. Now not 1 but 2 fecking faults. Blew fuse for indicators again. And now the heater fan is stuck on full. Removed heater fan fuse and drove home.

Peug 205 clio 182
This problem is still not resolved unfortunately. Had the car at a auto electrician for the past week. He was really busy but said he would look at it between jobs if I left it with him. Anyhow he rang this morning and said it is definitely the front right side. But he asked me if I knew anything about an after market alarm that is in there, he's thinking that maybe causing a problem. I don't know anything about an after market alarm I just use the key fob so I assume that whatever was fitted isn't being used so how can that affect the indicator fuse? Looking like this is going to cost me a pretty penny for a poxy indicator fuse. Bast*rd French electrics. 😭

Peug 205 clio 182
Had the car stored over the winter. Problem has now been sorted. It was shorting on the headlight unit on the drivers side. Removed the headlights (ball ache) and fitted bog standard clio headlights as mine are xenons and are like rocking horse s**t. May look into getting the xenons repaired at a later date.