ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Indoor Sport photos

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im gonna be taking some photos of us playing Table Tennis later.
Lighting is just tungsten home bulbs and a bit dim.

I want some decent action shots, im assuming fast shutter speed and big aperture, will i need to whack the ISO up alot?

Any other pointers?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Not a Clue on Camera but you got a Table Tennis Table then?

It should be light enough really so you wont need a big ISO.

What lens you got? Nice and fast so you freeze things. I'd want a nice high (low number) aperture to create a nice DoF..

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Get a van and come and take my Tennis Table away.... Its just taking up space in the New Shed now.... I'll try and get some pics of it and search for the Net etc. aswell

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
It should be light enough really so you wont need a big ISO.

What lens you got? Nice and fast so you freeze things. I'd want a nice high (low number) aperture to create a nice DoF..

But if a narrow Aperture, will light get in? Im messing around now and my pictures are all dark

ISO 1600, 1/100, aperture wide open so f/5.6, then bring the shutter down until you get a half decent exposure or resort to ISO 3200 if have it or your shutter gets to slow. If that leaves you overexposing bring down the ISO or up the shutter depending on how much you want to freeze the action...

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Ive worked indoors and if its a gym. You really need something which is fast so I would opt for a prime.

Depending on where you sit of course will make the biggest difference.

I would go highest ISO possible and an aperture no smaller than f/2. Anything wider would be ideal.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
LOL, will post pics later!! NOt too shabby, but aprime would have been better, due to poor lighting , i had to use the flash, SO it took an eternity to focus properly!!