ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kit Declaration

Fabia vRS

Thinkin of buying an Induction Kit.....but my insurance company wont allow power mods, do i stick it on n risk it or wait a whole year and find another ins company nxt yr.

Anybody here got undeclared induction kits? i mean if i had a crash i could keep the origianal in the car and change it b4 anybody gets to see it

What do u reckon?

who is your insurer???

*** edited for post below***

ah, cant really help with them, other than if you are using an open filter, tell them you have fitted an aftermarket filter, but it does not increase power, generally for something like an IK they only only charge an administration fee

Fabia vRS

Admiral....and my experiences of them so far are not good, wont use them again.

*****edited for post above *****

Yeah i think Rob C has done that? just put a K&N panel filter in

if you had an accident and the car was written off then it probably wouldnt be examined for at least a week or two - plenty of time to take an induction kit off!

if you just had a minor bump then you could change it whenever you like before an assessor goes near it. Either way, cant see it making a big difference to your insurance mate.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 07 February 2004

if you had an accident and the car was written off then it probably wouldnt be examined for at least a week or two - plenty of time to take an induction kit off!

if the car was written off whos to say the poor sod doesnt end up in hospital :cry: its all a bit risky

nah, got issues with my fuel injection and consumption etc so i dont want to put an i/k on it until renault have fixed it or theyll try and say ive invalidated the warranty.

wrote off a car back in 2002 though and it sat behind my gaff for weeks before an assessor came to see it so there would have been ample time to take an induction kit off.

the only thing is like loony says, if someone ended up hurt etc or something serious and the car was impounded etc?! spose you never know whats around the corner