ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cai fatty induction kit vs k&n apollo

Clio 172 PH2
I've got a k&n apollo and I don't particularly like the look of it, plus I'm not sure it'll do much.

Would it be better to install a fatty induction kit and improve it - I plan to make a heatshield/box and duct better.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Will be better due the fact it's in a cooler part of the engine bay alone, will be improved further if your adding a cold feed and boxing it off. I've got a k&n 57i but not changed due to still contemplating either a set of ITB's or RS2 inlet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172 PH2
Hmmm I just read a viper kit was worse than stock air boost, and fatty kit better than stock airbox.

Clio 172 PH2
I attach image

Attachments

• 1487508779334340719127.jpg
    1487508779334340719127.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 130

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Does look extremely restrictive tbh only a very small cone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Fatty Kit/KTEC kit is pretty much the standard induction setup everybody goes for now. Got the KTEC on mine, great noise, no heat soak, no losses in power.

Pretty much the no brainer option unless you go no battery with a straighter bend or RS2/ITB's etc.