ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kit is MENTAL!

Inferno 182 CUP
I have a RS Twingo 133.

The standard airbox set up is naff. Sorry but it is. Resonator box placement? CAF placement? its all wierd.

Sounds pretty beefy none the less but not enough.

After watching people toy around with all sorts of ideas i thought hmm ill trey open cone how bad can it be. I can cope with the odd HP for the noise it gives.

I bought an open cone and then i bought a SS heat shield.

Havnt yet bought my CAF ducting .. but thats the next job. Im adament when i have that i will have the best solution.

Anyway all installed today and f**k!

It is so loud! It makes cars on the goodwood hill climb look like playmobile! I kid you not its ridiculous! Never heard anything like it!

Im in <3

040f2a79.gif

ac81e5ab.gif

2216b246.gif

243de7f6.gif

Inferno 182 CUP
What make is it mate? Looks purposeful.

Universal. I made sure i had the right bore size and cone size for my needs.

Vids to show beefyness? All we can see is an orange engine bay.

Will get one ASAP as otherwise ill get slated all day lol

What exactly does that S/s surround do?! Surely nothing.

More than not having it there. Its better than nothing. And when theres a CAF it should keep it permanently cool :)

That heat shield is doing precisely feck all, same as the CAF will do feck all when it's fitted too.

It must sound pretty good though.

Inferno 182 CUP
IN fairness its not there to break records or gain 20HP lol.

Its there to make it sound like a Renault Sport should and by god does it turn heads.

It isnt a loud chavvy jap can but a proper sucking engine that sounds like its on roids!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
i think you should paint the top of the engine black as well as the mounts, think it would look very tidy.

2003 Clio 172
Oh dear god.....

Its the bit of aluminum, it kills me :D

Take the bonnet off ffs and DO IT RIGHT

Jj

2003 Clio 172
Only winging you along mate, props for trying.

The bit of metal you have in there will do dick all squared, honestly.

If anything, itll make the heat issue worse.

As your car is getting hotter, im sure that filter location will slaughter it.

Ditch the tin and get the CAF in asap.

Orrrr. Put the standard airbox back in and pull the bottom pipes, same snoooooooooooort.

Jj

320d
I didn't realise it was possible to get so much abuse for putting an open cone filter on your car. He'd probably get less abuse if he started a thread saying he'd murdered a small child for a laugh.

If its any consolation I like it, I wouldn't personally run an open cone but they do sound superb.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The standard airbox is actually really, really good. With the bung out, it gives a decent induction noise too.

That will be heat-soak-tastic.

320d
Matt-nos's Clio GT sounds good actually, think thats standard too. More induction noise than I expected.

Clio 172
F**k me, i will know to be careful of posting a thread up date that deviates at all from the turnis and coilovers route.

Fact: There are heat soak issues with open filters, having an open filter fitted doesnt make you a cnut.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Got heatsoak?

The standard airbox is actually really, really good. With the bung out, it gives a decent induction noise too.

That will be heat-soak-tastic

I didn't realise it was possible to get so much abuse for putting an open cone filter on your car. He'd probably get less abuse if he started a thread saying he'd murdered a small child for a laugh.

If its any consolation I like it, I wouldn't personally run an open cone but they do sound superb.

If anything Brett, the twingo will now be down on performance, all blow and no go.

Id be suprised if there are any induction kits out there that offer performance gains, most actually do the opposite.

Insurance should be cheaper if you put one on TBH

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I would trade that 'heatshield' for scrap metal and not bother with the CAF. The SS heatshield will actually conduct heat, so the heatsoak will be worse with that thing there. It is too close to it.

I had a twingo, removed the bung from the airbox sounds plenty good enough IMO.