ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Danny's Twingo 133 RS Progess Thread ..

Inferno 182 CUP
Ive never had a progress thread and stuck to it. So heres the challenge lol. 1 Thread. 1 Car. Ill try keep it that way.

Back in April 2010. I got reaaaaaaaaaaly bored! I owned a brand new Vauxhall Corsa SXI. It was white and basically an Artic replica. Gorgeous car. 1.2 Slow as s**t.

Day off work i went round the dealers, 225, VXR Racing, ST, Scirroco GT. All the fun ones. (Im 20). Good laugh tbh. Saw a Twingo and couldnt stop laughing. GAY AS f**k! LOL wouldnt touch it with a barge pole.

I wouldnt. But my mate would lol. He bought it. Queer as.

Anyway 2 weeks later he came round and i did some work on it for him. (SMD Conversion) He took me out in it and then i had a drive. LOVED IT. Take back all my comments and that was that the search was on.

Found one i liked on about April 12th Silver and was about 40 miles away. Called them up got a settlement figure on teh corsa lalalalalala. About 2k deficit but f**k it i need this 133.

Anyway April 14th i picked her up :)

RS 133 with cup pack. 12,000 miles

media.gif

media2.gif

Got her home and the mods began.

Took off the crappy aerial and fitted a Civic Type R one. Changed every bulb in the car. Silvatecs, 6000K HIDS, LED Reverse, LED Fogs, LED Sides and Interior lights (its a fetish lol)

Then i went driving .. lots

Then i decided i was going to carbon wrap ..

22.gif

2.gif

4.gif

Didnt really like it so that came off. I decided as the car had orange seatbelts it was going to be an orange theme .. so there it began ..

o1-1.jpg

badges4.jpg

badges2.jpg

I then decided a performancy type car needed performance mods :D

Sooooooo.

Rear Strut brace from KAM Racing ordered and fitted with the aid of rachet straps .. Thanks for the discount boys!

omp.jpg

Stripped out the rear end of its seats and spare wheel .. Left carpet and platic in place as it weighed grams and it looks better. Saved about 50KG here.

9.jpg

8.jpg

Then i got on the phone to KTEC about some goodies. While on the phone David asked me if he could borrow the car to develop a remap.

So the car got a KTEC Panel filter .. sorry no pics and then a KTEC Remap a week or so later ..

TwingoRSRemap.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

ktec1.jpg

ktec.jpg

Happy days! Free remap and the start of the work!

Car then had some lightweight TD Pro Race 1.2 Alloys. Love them!

td1.jpg

w5.jpg

Erm what next .. Apex Springs (Thanks Apex! - Tester Car), Grooved & Drilled Discs, Braided Lines, Castrol Fluid

apex1.gif

apex2.gif

apex3.gif

The springs were naff! Soon came off and back to Holland they went where a nice man is manufacturing me a new custom set.

c779f5d1.gif

Then came the new RS Spoiler! Much waiting and anticipation and Renault released it! RESULT!

8a1f950f.gif

48663244.gif

Then came SFS Performance. Awesome company. The MD used my car as a tester and made me up a set of silicone hoses FOC.

1a9b7fb0.gif

IMG_0373.gif

e5a7a95e.gif

Then i decided to wack on the R2 Decal Kit which i was given as a sweetner for some advertising! Didnt get very far as i got bored of stickers and gave up lol!

IMG_0378.gif

IMG_0381.gif

IMG_0383.gif

Then i decided i needed a TRS Tow Strap! lol .. Ball ache i wont even go into how hard it was to fit!

cbbec69f.gif

c7c7e169.gif

I then decided to dress my engine bay ..

c4c0b0af.gif

a901a415.gif

And then yesterday i fitted 4 new tyres :)

Yokohoma Parada Spec 2's .. and there i am ..

I have forgotten lots and missed bits but ill fill you in soon!

Dinners burning!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Alot of free stuff there :)

Looks good mate, love these cars

Civic Type S GT
Luv the twingos! Think there brilliant!
Prior to modding it, how was it performance wise, mpg, etc...?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
just looked at the graph, seemed to have repsonded well to the map

Inferno 182 CUP
Thanks chaps .. yes standard alloys were nice .. but they weighed more :( New ones weigh 7KG iirc?

Standard power and MPG wasnt bad depends how you drive it to be honest :) could get 30 odd if your careful could do 15 if your hard lol

Civic Type S GT
Alright. I'm looking at getting a new car and want good mpg and things. I get out of my 182 between 30-32 mpg but the car itself is starting to anoy me now.

PH1 iceburg
Prefered it with standard wheels. Cant wait to see what difference the springs make. What drop are they going to give?

Oil Burner
If it had the standard alloys, no Stickers and the front Grill part was vinyled black then it would be perfect!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I like the Twingo's, not a fan of the wheels all the orange though? Less is more ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice car mate the Pro race belong in Halfrauds store room imo.

Would love to see a better picture of the car and spoiler as I think the standard one doesn't compliment the back end much so that new one should look good!

Nice car, nice colour. Get the OE wheels on in black.

Turbos.
Yeah, i'm not sure about the TDs. I've got them myself, but only because they were easy to get and cheap. Also not keen on the orange.

I like the front end of them, but the rear is awful IMO! Do the matt black wrap on the front...and drop it!

Inferno 182 CUP
Lol thanks guys.

Well all the graphics are off so its nice and plain.

The wheels are awesome in the flesh and they are there for weight purpose not looks so im happy with them :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
how does it feel with the panel filter and map?

I cant believe the MPG is actually that bad and I doubt very much you can get 15mpg out of that, I struggle to get that out of my mini and that thing holds shares in Shell

Inferno 182 CUP
You can have it nearly as low as 10. Beleieve me mate .. it can drop! :(

And filter and map .. hmmm .. its definately better and more responsive although im looking to change the air intake set up

Inferno 182 CUP
UPDATE:

Okay so since we last spoke

I have removed all the decals (that was actually before i wrote that update lol)

Looks much fresher again without them :)

I have also had the resonatror box removed from the exhuast with plans to remove the front box too so it will be a straight through. A temp solution until the KTEC system becomes available to me.

I have also modified my airbox set up ..

The standard airbox set up is naff. Sorry but it is. Resonator box placement? CAF placement? its all wierd.

Sounds pretty beefy none the less but not enough.

After watching people toy around with all sorts of ideas i thought hmm ill trey open cone how bad can it be. I can cope with the odd HP for the noise it gives.

I bought an open cone and then i bought a SS heat shield.

Havnt yet bought my CAF ducting .. but thats the next job. Im adament when i have that i will have the best solution.

Anyway all installed today and ****!

It is so loud! It makes cars on the goodwood hill climb look like playmobile! I kid you not its ridiculous! Never heard anything like it!

Im in <3

040f2a79.gif

ac81e5ab.gif

2216b246.gif

243de7f6.gif

Inferno 182 CUP
Ok bit of an update:

Had some parts off to be carbon dipped but company let me down so parts back and on car standard again :mad: Grrr!

Took out my OEM CAF and modifed and re fitted it. Also put silicone piping on the CAF and piped it up direct to the IK.

I must say that the power delivery is good atm and the kit sounds awesome. At first with no CAF and no heatshield i could feel the lag lots!

Now its working really well! Pop the bonnet and the CAF is freezing and the heatshield is moderate but the filter .. freezing! the pocket around it also cold. So thats a win!

Defo feel the pull on the A roads!!!

Also David Van Hoof @ Apex has been making me a custom set of springs for the past 2 months. They are now almost finished and being coated as we speak. I hope for him to ship them monday! So lowering phase 2 soon and pics all to come! :)

Inferno 182 CUP
stickers came off before i even posted the first update mate .. so the car is empty.

Tow strap is for a track. nice and worn. But i cant remove it in between without bumper off jobbie so it stays there im afraid.

260% JCW
Nice car mate the Pro race belong in Halfrauds store room imo.

Thats why they use them in the BTCC then?

Love the twingo mate im waiting for someone to throw a 1*2 lump in one though, glad you got shot of the stickers not sure about the badge colour either. Cars with brightly painted badges and wheels look shite IMO. Clown car.

Inferno 182 CUP
Ok,

So my springs. After initially trying the Apex springs made for the Twingo. It appears there more suited to other Twingo models. They were shite on the RS.

That got me and Apex talking and starting to come to some arrangement.

Today this email popped up ..

====================================================================================================

Hi Danny,

The first ever Twingo RS kit is on it’s way to you!

Best regards,

David

David van Hooff

Product Manager
APEX International B.V.
P.o. Box 188
2180 AD Hillegom
The Netherlands

T: +31(0)252-525060
F: +31(0)252-522683
M: davidvanhooff@interparts.nl
I: www.apexsuspension.com

Kvk: 28079235
BTW: NL802357829B01

=====================================================================================================

So great news! Apex have finally finished my custom springs which should see the Twingo sit perfectly. Win Win.

Project Plenum paint is also underway.

Inferno 182 CUP
Looks good. Where did you get the stuff to dress your engine bay from?

Thanks mate :) seller on ebay. and SFS for the silicone.

Thats why they use them in the BTCC then?

Love the twingo mate im waiting for someone to throw a 1*2 lump in one though, glad you got shot of the stickers not sure about the badge colour either. Cars with brightly painted badges and wheels look shite IMO. Clown car.

Yeah they were bought for weight and performance not for looks. If i wanted looks i can think of nicer :)

And yeah the colours are all gone. Its all silver and anthracite now :)

Inferno 182 CUP
Okay today the springs arrived! :D Yay!

Finally!

After work i quickly fitted the rears. Didnt have time for the fronts and i also put the seats and the spare back in to weigh it down to its most.

Looks frikkin awesome!

Sooooo cannot wait to put the fronts on! Sits perfectly where i want it too!

Pictures to follow ..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Apex will ruin it if they are anything like the Clio set-up!