ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kit is MENTAL!

I would trade that 'heatshield' for scrap metal and not bother with the CAF. The SS heatshield will actually conduct heat, so the heatsoak will be worse with that thing there. It is too close to it.

+1. It will be radiating heat on to the cone.

Inferno 182 CUP
Lol well theres a way to get told to f**k off your a chav.

I think ill settle the record here.

My Twingo is being slowly built as a track car. It has had its fair few share of mods and has plans for a supercharger. That is the ultimate.

Theres a member on RSUK. He is very clever and hes developing his own airbox. People have tried and tested many many filters. NONE to my knowledge have tried open cone. So that is what i am doing. A little scientific and i shall dyno it and report my results.

Im not a mcdonalds chav. In fact after around 6 my car goes to bed unless im off to tesco. I dont even go to meets :) This car is being built and having modifications done purely for the track or for some weekend fun.

Its to some peoples taste and not to others. I like it and it will be good to see the results :)

Thanks to all those with positive comments mind lol.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Here's some recomendation then, if it is going to be a track car. Put the standard airbox back until your mate creates a better alternative.

I am a little suspect as to whether it really is going to be a track car, anyone who knows anything about cars/engines knows that that air induction arrangement creates heatsoak and will make the engine run much worse than standard.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Lol well theres a way to get told to f**k off your a chav.

I think ill settle the record here.

My Twingo is being slowly built as a track car. It has had its fair few share of mods and has plans for a supercharger. That is the ultimate.

Theres a member on RSUK. He is very clever and hes developing his own airbox. People have tried and tested many many filters. NONE to my knowledge have tried open cone. So that is what i am doing. A little scientific and i shall dyno it and report my results.

Im not a mcdonalds chav. In fact after around 6 my car goes to bed unless im off to tesco. I dont even go to meets :) This car is being built and having modifications done purely for the track or for some weekend fun.

Its to some peoples taste and not to others. I like it and it will be good to see the results :)

Thanks to all those with positive comments mind lol.

I agree about the chav comments, stupid and un-called for, the very thing thats wrong with this forum.

Anyway, the reason i suggested heat-soak is comment in most after market filters as they arent suited to the engines throttle system (i may be wrong) let the rolling road do the talking!

What's the miles on the 133?

Inferno 182 CUP
Here's some recomendation then, if it is going to be a track car. Put the standard airbox back until your mate creates a better alternative.

I am a little suspect as to whether it really is going to be a track car, anyone who knows anything about cars/engines knows that that air induction arrangement creates heatsoak and will make the engine run much worse than standard.

The problem is fella. The standard one is very restrictive. You only need a good dyno and a few options to show it. Unless someone practises and tests things out nothings ever gonna get made ....

I agree about the chav comments, stupid and un-called for, the very thing thats wrong with this forum.

Anyway, the reason i suggested heat-soak is commin in most after market filters as they arent suited to the engines throttle system (i may be wrong) let the rolling road do the talking!

What;s the miles on the 133?

On 14,000 miles. The plan is to have a big CAF straight to the underside of the filter in between the shield and the filter. If its made as a RAM it WILL be more efficient and work better than the standard box. Which is as restrictive as a virgins pants

Clio 172
Does it really matter if someone wants to change their Air Filter?! What are we talking even if it is losing HP? 2-3 BHP??

I think some people are a bit die hard on this forum!

Inferno 182 CUP
IMO if it has lost anything .. it will be like 1 maybe 2 BHP. It wont be a biggy.

Some people are a bit pedantic but hey everyone has an opinion.

I can hack the comments lol if i couldnt im in the wrong place ;) But yes some people should chill out. Its not a chav can. Its my pride and joy.

Speaking seriously for a change, I seriously doubt the standard airbox is as restrictive as you think it is. Generally Renault get it right with their induction set ups on their hot hatches, as shown by their being little to no gain to be had out of the 1*2 lump by changing the airbox. I'd bet a months wages that a universal cone is going to be a lot more restrictive on the Twingo than the standard set up.

I do like the noise! I'm going to miss the noise of my open cone jobby when i get the standard airbox back in.

2003 Clio 172
WTF?.......some people should get off their high horses, a wee bit of slagging never did anyone any harm.

The basic fact is that we could all get called chav's as we drive wee french snort boxes....

Its all tongue in cheek ffs so lighten up :|

The guy is game for a wee slagging, im mean ffs.......HE HAS GINGER BITS IN HIS ENGINE ;)

You will learn chap....if this is going to end up in a custom airbox of some kind then cool, be lovely to see something as slinky as the Gruppe:m stuff for the CTR.

But the fact everyone is hitting you with at the minute is that you will be suffering right now. Lose the metal and keep it simple till you get the box in.

I cant comment as i am on a standard airbox for now, i have come from old school 1990 Civic land and i have had my fair share of induction notes.....i still think there are very few cars to touch a Honda engine with an induction kit "on cam".

I did eventually pull the cone from the Civic eventually as i was suffering massive heat soak issues even though i had massive amounts of room and free air in the engine bay, something our wee cars do not have.

Go for it kid, get her on the dyno, but out of curiosity, take a wee look at your standard airbox and how its routed from the cold air areas of the car.

There may be some way of modifying the Twingo variant to give you some nice snorts yet protect you from the heat soak issues already commented on.

This is all a learning curve son, im 33 and still love tinkering and learning about engines......currently a n00b in the Renault field but some day id love to be as confident with this motor as i was the civic.

I mean, in that car i could turn round a timing belt in in an hour.....yet my clio is going in to renault for belts on thursday for the tune of 500 quid.

The first (disappointingly) time a car i have owned has been in a dealership for ANY work.

Keep at it kid.

Regards
Andy

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Lots of dorp there! And lol at not going to any meets, god damn, what is with people in this area?

53 Clio's & counting
The problem is fella. The standard one is very restrictive. You only need a good dyno and a few options to show it. Unless someone practises and tests things out nothings ever gonna get made ....

On 14,000 miles. The plan is to have a big CAF straight to the underside of the filter in between the shield and the filter. If its made as a RAM it WILL be more efficient and work better than the standard box. Which is as restrictive as a virgins pants

Just thought id say, its your car so if your happy then fair play mate :)

But a ram air pipe to that filter will not do anything at all. Nothing.

The air speed in that engine bay will be so fast when driving that no cold air will get sucked in, it really is wasting your time.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You got a decent camera + skills? Could meet for a few photos one sunday if you're free? x

Evo 8 MR
It does sound good but as said it will only lose you power and responsiveness.

Got to lol @ that piece of metal though. :rasp:

320d
It sounds awesome. Be interesting to see how much power it has lost, ideally somebody should create a solution that sounds like an open cone but without the disadvantages.

The closest available on a 1*2 if a ph1/v6 airbox without air feeds. Doesn't lose power but gives a nice loud roar when you put your foot down.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
ignore all the high horses on here mate. i bet it sounds awesome and your engine bay looks really good. sort out your CAF and your onto a winner
:cool:

clio sport
Has anyone got any feedback on a AFE induction kit. I have been offered one but I don't know anything about them? Are they any good?

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
That sounds ace!

I used to have a cone filter on my 1.6 RSi clio and it sounded just like that!

Clio 172 RS2
What happened to it? ^^^

This thread is useless without a soundfile! (alas on page 4 the files are posted) :D

What about the Orange stuff, you do know Yellow is the corporate colour of Renault? :evil:

Mk5 golf gti
Sounds good mate

I doubt you would even notice any power loss anyways
Plus the sound gives you the sense that is is faster
even though it isnt
so balances it out lol

glad your enjoying it

Twingo RS 133 Cup
hi danny! so you switched to the clio community now? :) don't worry. I keep telling you that you're doing it wrong - even on a cross-platform basis :rasp:

if you spend so much effort to make your car "track worthy", why not make it serious?

the clio cup filter thingy is now available for the twingo... will give you less headache on long "trackdays" and will eventually be better for overall intake temperature. Plus it forces you to relocate your battery to the trunk (which hopefully is not full of boomboom machinery) for a better weight distribution :)

luftfilterkasten.JPG