ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kit or panel filter

C

carl182

Hi, got a 182 and was wondering wot is best induction kit or panel filter to get the most bhp? Thanks carl

Clio 182
you will find most people will tell you that you will get absolutely no noticeable gains from either. I have both and alternate between the two but the induction kit does sound epic! ;)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Cheers. Is it stupid loud or just a nice noise? I don't like the noise when you remove the airfeed from the side of the standard box.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I read your thread on it, but buckets are expensive by me so I thought it better to look at ph1 airboxes.
Anyone got a video of a 182 with just a ph1 box on?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
used BMC/Maxogen if you want cheaper yet a nice looking/sounding induction kit

Listerine & Poledo
drill holes in your current airbox then.

or remove it completely and just pull a pair of tights over the intake hose

2014 Clio 200t edc
I'm just trying to improve the intake noise. The car doesnt sound like a hot hatch.
I have found a ph1 airbox but that's all, no feeds or anything, hence me asking if mine off the airbox fit. I want more noise but not like when you remove the side air feed off the ph2 box.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
espace/v6 airbox as it has a larger air feed and a itg filter inside

Listerine & Poledo
I'm just trying to improve the intake noise. The car doesnt sound like a hot hatch.

Yes it does, it just doesn't sound like a chavalicious 1.2 [insert any french heap you care to mention].

The noise you get with the 2nd hose off is prety much that of an airbox with a panel in it.

2014 Clio 200t edc
The noise you get with the 2nd hose off is prety much that of an airbox with a panel in it.
I didn't realise that to be honest, i thought it would be quieter than that. Also it feels like it loses power when you remove the pipe, and I don't want that, or to sound like a chavmobile, just want slight improvements.

Listerine & Poledo
loud car = chav

unless it has some genuine reason to create that noise.... like some some or V8, for instance.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yes I agree, but for example a 200/197 sounds better under acceleration would you not agree?

Listerine & Poledo
no, no I wouldn't.

straight-4s generally sound completely toss. Only exceptions I can think of are Vtec Hondas.

If you want something to sound tasty, you need at least 1 more cylinder, preferably 2, 4, or 8 more

2014 Clio 200t edc
I just wanted to know whether it was a worthwhile mod and whether I can use my feeds on it. It appears from what I've read that it's a slightly better idea than putting a performance filter in the ph2 box that's all.