ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kits - A concisive answer?

FF Arctic Blue 182
I know this has been discussed on here alot but I would just like a short yes or no: If I fitted an enclosed carbon kit such as the Viper, would any power be lost?

I just want the roar of an induction kit without losing any power. Also I woulda thought carbon would be a better heat shield than the current plastic airbox?

ste_brough said:
I know this has been discussed on here alot but I would just like a short yes or no: If I fitted an enclosed carbon kit such as the Viper, would any power be lost?

I just want the roar of an induction kit without losing any power. Also I woulda thought carbon would be a better heat shield than the current plastic airbox?

imho as i got 1 , it improves power , may the heros say slighlty , its sound gr8 too .;)

Turbos.
You will get heatsoak with that one. Bear in mind when rolling roaded cars have their bonnets open, doesn't happen on the road and especially when you're trundling around.

Buy an induction kit for it's noise and be happy with any other benefits you may get ;)

RB 200 Cup!
so all in all not really worth the money - i mean just taking the airbox off gives a throaty rumble! lol

would a panel filter be any good you reckon?

cock mobile.
Panel filter is a decent improvement over standard.

Don't expect an increase in performance though.

RB 200 Cup!
i fort as much - nt really bothered about performance to be honest as the 1.6 is good for the moment - just need a deeper noise than standard - thanks for the help tho!

Timmay said:
i fort as much - nt really bothered about performance to be honest as the 1.6 is good for the moment - just need a deeper noise than standard - thanks for the help tho!

then get a viper , u will be impressed . try ask on media video bit , has any1 got sound recording etc ???????????;)

cock mobile.
Timmay said:

I forget what the std one is like now, had this on for about 18 months.

I'm sure it revs more freely with it. Maybe slight increase in noise, but about the same really.

But if anything it's life is much longer, and therefore will save you money after buying replacement std filters.

IMO save up and get a maxogen.

I had a viper and to be honest it was alot of cash for what it was. Made a nice noise with no CAF though.

It wont gain any "noticeable" power and wont lose any "noticeable" power. If you get one secondhand (£120-150) I would say it is worth it.

MarkM said:

I had a viper and to be honest it was alot of cash for what it was. Made a nice noise with no CAF though.

It wont gain any "noticeable" power and wont lose any "noticeable" power. If you get one secondhand (£120-150) I would say it is worth it.

I cant see what the difference is between Viper and maxogen? does the maxogen have a bigger intake are something? how would a maxogen be any better?

My Viper makes a lovely noise with the air feed on and the acoustic valve removed.

182 Full Fat
[/QUOTE]and the acoustic valve removed.[/QUOTE]

Excuse my dumbness, but is this what people refer to as the CAF? What benefits does this give my removing it? :approve:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MarkM said:

What this man says.

Viper will lose you power as will all IK's. Bar the maxogen! Beautiful piece of kit. For best results compliment with other breathin mods and a remap.

Rb 182
Ali said:
What this man says.

Viper will lose you power as will all IK's. Bar the maxogen! Beautiful piece of kit. For best results compliment with other breathin mods and a remap.

Whats the retail on a Maxogen? Is there a uni one as i doubt they will do one for my hybrid shitter!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Djw Dave said:
Whats the retail on a Maxogen? Is there a uni one as i doubt they will do one for my hybrid sh*tter!

£380 i fink.

Beautiful piece of kit and worth every penny.

It really depends how your's works dave, Positioning of the filter? Air supply etc etc. A simple Open filter may be the best job.

Rb 182
Ali said:
£380 i fink.

Beautiful piece of kit and worth every penny.

It really depends how your's works dave, Positioning of the filter? Air supply etc etc. A simple Open filter may be the best job.

Hmmm, i will just have to see once the engine is in the bay.

380 bucks though :(