ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

induction kits on a 2000 mk2 ph1 1.4i sport

Monaco Blue Mk2
Digging up an old one here! Does anyone know the diameter of the intake on the 1.4 sport?

Has anyone had any luck with relocation pipes, custom made or any other Induction Kits other than K&N?
John, any pics of your piperx?

By the way, green do a panel/replacement standard filter part No. R727419 - £41

Monaco Blue Mk2
Vinnyc19 said:
yeah, actually i tried to re locate mine today and its not really worth it lol

lol, I'm just thinking if I could sort a decent relocation out (say coming to the right hand size of the engine it may increase the number of induction kits available. Don't suppose you know the inlet diameter? I'm thinking that seems to be along the right lines if the inlet diameter is the same or possibly close enough to use reducers.

dw087-600.jpg

Can be found here, http://www.piecesauto-tuning.com/boutique/product_info.php?cPath=2_8517_7363_7470_7485&products_id=42888

I'm just clutching at straws really. I'd get the green panel filter but the OEM cold air feed doesn't seem to come away from the the green plastic where it attaches it to the airbox in order for me to get a better CAF in there.
http://www.piecesauto-tuning.com/boutique/images/green/dw087-600.jpg

Last edited:
I have a K&N 57i kit plus cold air feed for a 1.4i 8v

If anybody wants it, come find me at FCS and you can have it for nowt - no use for me!

Monaco Blue Mk2
I know it comes apart from the airbox, if you take the top half of the airbox off it comes out then, but it's the green plastic scoop type thing, that holds the CAF into the airbox that I can't seperate from the CAF. As I'd want to attach any new CAF to this to avoid any unecessary hot air getting in if I went for a pannel.

I know what you mean about the price and the viper, but they don't a viper for the engine as far as I am aware.

Thanks for the measurements, I'll have a look around see what I can do.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yes, quite possibly something like that if I'd be able to get something decent to fit. I've jsut been looking at elbows, not found one yet, they're all to wide of an angle. If I get something like that I'd need to make sure it fits under the bonet obviously! That one looks good.

Mégane RS
yeah you will need a reducing elbow, when you get a elbow get your viper to the size of the id of the elbow

Monaco Blue Mk2
Vinnyc19 said:
yeah you will need a reducing elbow, when you get a elbow get your viper to the size of the id of the elbow

Yeah thanks, I think I get that bit now! lol

What size ID elbow would I need to fit to inlet? I fear you are gonna have to explain this in the simplest for possible!! i.e what size reducing elbow from what mm to what mm. Sorry for all these questions, when I know that, I know I just have to get and IK with OD the same as the ID on the elbow.

Last edited:
  Mégane RS
well the inlet is 80mm wide so your elbow will need to be this size, the elbow will go over it or you could get a elbow with a outer diameter of 68mm to go inside the inlet, complicated not sure which ways better, up to you really, might want to check yours just to be sure. Vinny

Monaco Blue Mk2
Vinnyc19 said:
well the inlet is 80mm wide so your elbow will need to be this size, the elbow will go over it or you could get a elbow with a outer diameter of 68mm to go inside the inlet, complicated not sure which ways better, up to you really, might want to check yours just to be sure. Vinny

Yeah that is what I was thinking, thanks. I would of thought an 80mm elbow would be better, as so not to reduce the inlet further? However there seems to be a lack of reducing elbows from 80mm> lol.
I'll check measurments but if yours is a 1.4s aswel then I'm sure it will be the same.
Ah well, I'll get something sorted eventually! lol, thanks for your help. I'm gonna get some sleep now!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Day said:
I have a K&N 57i kit plus cold air feed for a 1.4i 8v

If anybody wants it, come find me at FCS and you can have it for nowt - no use for me!

someone snap that up!!! cost me like £50 or something

Monaco Blue Mk2
Got A-levels mate, plus my car is no where near the stage I would want it at. :( Still need to go down on apex 40mm, induction kit of some-mother-f**king-way-shape-or-form!, colour coding has begun but will need to get front and rear bumpers done, and with this recent hot weather I'm definately edging towards tints aswel! Would also consider an exhaust at some point too.

I should be there next year though.