ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction kits! R they worth it

Just got a new clio!!!!! and i was thinkin of stickin the K and N 57 induc kit on it, however ive heard the power gains r crap! and some times can make the car slower!!! Especially on a 1.2 16V!!

Would the money be better spent on somethin else??? if so WHAT????

Ne help appreciated!!:D

Yeh i heard the noise is really nice. but i was told the only way to get the induction kit working well is to build a custom enclosure around it to stop the warm air!

Alot of HARD WORK!!!:sick:

Is the viper worth the money? I have heard that its not because the clio has a pretty good air intake any how, taking it from he front bottom of the car.

They do look nice though!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

k&n do nothing for performance, but sound very nice!

as stated enclosed is the way forward...!

I admit a viper is a BIT pricey. If i was to do it again I would probaly see what a replacement element was like first.

The viper looks good thou.

Renault Sport clio 1

I have just got a K&N for my 1.4 rt andi have notice a big difference in power and it picks up alot more now and it sounds mint!

oh rite!

So basically just replace it with a better quality one allowing more air intake. Where would i look to get one though and i wouldnt have a clue about makes, models or fitting????

Renault Laguna Sports

Get a pipercross & a k-tec relocation kit. This puts the filter just behind the grille in the cold air flow. Slight increase in performance, throttle response is better and induction roar on full throttle.

Evry one with a Clio goes on about K Tec???? is it the dogs boll*cks where Clios are concerned???

Got a Website??

Quote: Originally posted by Ben16V on 02 July 2003

oh rite!

So basically just replace it with a better quality one allowing more air intake. Where would i look to get one though and i wouldnt have a clue about makes, models or fitting????
Yes. Id expect K+N have the replacement. Its not rocket science to replace the filter mate, there might be a small guide in your owners manual.

-Rob

the one i mentioned was part no. 57-0356 i think.

can any say whether or not this will improve sound???????

on my 1.4 8v jobbie that is !

clio sport mk1 golf

i had a 57i quality ws crap. Nice noise tho, getting my hill power one soon which has a shield around it not all the way and two cold feed pipes. Hopefully i may notice a tiny difference, if not never mind ill have a shiny induction kit!!

Clio Williams2

My 16v came with a 57i jobby, I absolutely love the noise the car makes but I think thats just down to the magnex exagerating the engine, 57i ads nice turbo sucky type sound but I think it hinders performance.

I seem to get more torque at mid/high revs in 3rd gear than in 1st or 2nd! which I think maybe due to the lack of air cold flow ariund the filter at low speed sometimes It pulls away crisply from start but sometimes seems flooded and sluggish if I floor it. Could just be that my engines knackered or perhaps theres a knack/skill I havent figured out yet ie gradual application of accelerator.

Would be good to get the car on a track to see if taking the bonnet off would make a difference, think Im just gonna buy a standard new filter and housing

i think im just gonna replace the foam filter with a better less restrictive one, till in the end iv got enough cash to buy the kit which moves it closer to the bonnet and then im thinkin of a viper or pipe X

ben its called a piper x, hows the flinstones car goin. Ask nick what i mean? ave you seen that fat black clio outside man. its fat ay it.