ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kits

Golf GTD Mk7
Hi guys,

Recently put a cheapy K&N on my 182, and i'm quite impressed with it. Sounds pretty good and the car feels slightly more responsive. I'm toying around with getting a proper kit though and was looking at the ITG Maxogen and the Viper Pipercross Carbon induction kit. I've been looking on KTR and both kits are said to gain around 7bhp. With the maxogen costing twice the price of the viper i'm a bit confused. Are you basically paying the extra dollar for more carbon fibre? Does anyone have any rolling road info to show the gains?

I prefer the look of the maxogen, but at nearly 400quid is it a justified purchase?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've heard it's the only one worth gettin. The Viper is made for all cars which puts me off a bit, seems a bit 'universal' if you know what Im saying?

Evo
I had a viper fitted to my previous car from K-Tec. Had it on there for over two years and it still looks the bees knees and never had any trouble with it.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
I got the ITG maxigen on there a short time ago, for me it was either the maxogen or a espace v6 airbox with a itg filter, just went for the maxogen because it looks lethal, took me a we wile to decide what i thought of it, as i was used to the standard sound it now has realy grown on me and i love it!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Had a Viper on my 182 - got it cheap 2nd hand off ebay - would never have paid full price for a new one. Can't say I noticed a difference in performance for better or worse- but the noise was better then standard.

People say the Maxogen is better for performance, but I'd doubt you'd notice the difference tbh.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Viper is a nasty bit of kit, both on design and fitting. And it lost 3bhp and 5ft/lbs.

Maxogen was brilliant, sounded beta and gave moderate gains! I dind't pay much for it tho!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
400 pounds is an awful lot of money for a filter kit though - but like I said - I wouldn't pay full new price for either filter kit.

Viper kit certainly doesn't feel like 250 quids worth - it's just a CAF for the grill, a piece of induction piping, then a thin cheap feeling carbon box with metal ends, and a foam 'sock' inside - not a cone type filter.

rps13
it depends entirely on how you set up the viper

i have the venom (non carbon and £100 cheaper!) version and it has awesome induction noise.

but you need to take out the convoluted (renault)bend, replace it with a cut down peice of 90 degree samco pipe and mount the filter higher up, so that the Cold air feed has a more direct path(more bends=less power)
make sure you leave the feed long enough to keep some pressure there too.

if you run it out of the box and just wack it straight on the end of the standard induction pipe you're better off with a standard airbox, as AR has said above you will lose power.

If i remember this setup was used by GDI once and worked really well, it has also only cost me about £100

Last edited:
  A Flamin' Red one
Simota Carbon Aero + CAF

th_DSCN1391.gif

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
400 pounds is an awful lot of money for a filter kit though - but like I said - I wouldn't pay full new price for either filter kit.

Viper kit certainly doesn't feel like 250 quids worth - it's just a CAF for the grill, a piece of induction piping, then a thin cheap feeling carbon box with metal ends, and a foam 'sock' inside - not a cone type filter.

lol! Gruppe M is 900£ :(

03 RS clio 172 flameR
pannel filter, remove acustic valve, fit new CAF's to the standard box, dont look good, looks standard, but only cost 30 quid and prob gains power instead of looses any, which is rare for a IK on the RS clios, i yeh and save yourself 350quid that you could spend on somthing more worth while, like a remap, or zorst system, both of which will gain you power

200 Cup in Shite White
i'm also looking at a kit for my 1.2 turbo but i have NO idea what to get, anyone got any ideas?

If money no object , maxogen all the way . But nowt wrong with the viper , i had one on the cup for 4 years ;)