ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction question

MikkiV

ClioSport Club Member
  BG182 FF, Mk 1 Caddy
I'm looking at wasting some money for aesthetics and have decided on a fatty induction kit.

I would like to purchase the following hose:

Hope that works. It's a yellow hose with a built in breather pipe. Someone tell me I'm being stupid but I can't figure it out. Would I literally just attach the current breather pipe to that hose and jubilee clip it together? If so simple enough. Anyone know know rough size for the hose so I can order the right clip? If it's a different size so (too far to stretch) do I order some kind of adapter?

As always any help is greatly appreciated.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
So you would need to remove the existing 90degree intake factory part, which has the factory breather attached in a similar location on the original 90degree bend.

Remove this breather from the factory 90degree bend, and follow it back to somewhere behind the rear of the rocker cover (roughly central), you'll need to remove the breather pipe from there too.

Replace the factory 90degree bend and the breather pipe with the new MTC Motorsport one. The end of that breather section should push on to the fitting near the rear behind the rocker cover you removed the factory part from (the MTC one effectively combines the intake and breather hose into one part). I'm not sure if this is needed or indeed original but the breather on my 172 is secured with a hose clamp just to be safe :)

(sorry theres no pictures, hopefully that should make sense when your heads under the bonnet ;) )

KebabWarrior81

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Leon Cupra
Just found this thread and someone might be able to help me answer the following... why would the breather hose from that 90 degree elbow be removed and blanked off? In the pic you can see it taped up any help would be much appreciated 👍🏻
58D7FB04-CF87-40DE-A273-0F63351BFF75.png

@KebabWarrior81
That elbow would be blanked off is someone has fitted and oil catch tank, or is just allowing the engine to vent to atmosphere via a filter.

In that case the pipe from the rear of the engine would go to the tank and the elbow would be blocked off.

I had to lash up this arrangement with bits I had to hand, I will be making a better job of it soon!

20210426_090934.jpg

KebabWarrior81

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Leon Cupra
@KebabWarrior81
That elbow would be blanked off is someone has fitted and oil catch tank, or is just allowing the engine to vent to atmosphere via a filter.

In that case the pipe from the rear of the engine would go to the tank and the elbow would be blocked off.

I had to lash up this arrangement with bits I had to hand, I will be making a better job of it soon!

View attachment 1537777
Cheers mate having viewed the car the one on the back of the engine is completely open with nothing on it just the inch long connector god knows why that would be done seems odd

Attachments

• AB99A589-6A57-46C7-A5DB-E8685F28A7FB.jpeg
    AB99A589-6A57-46C7-A5DB-E8685F28A7FB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Cheers mate having viewed the car the one on the back of the engine is completely open with nothing on it just the inch long connector god knows why that would be done seems odd

Yes that's probably not a good idea!
You'd expect that to be blowing oily vapour all over the rear of the engine bay, and more importantly over a hot exhaust manifold when driven hard.

KebabWarrior81

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk2 Leon Cupra
My thoughts exactly, couldn’t believe how clean it was behind there tbf. Jesus if I’d done that on my old Cupra it’d be pretty much 5 ltr of nanodrive everywhere. She was a heavy breather lol