ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno on V-Maxx coilovers :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
SCAN0012.gif

Printout after set up for anyone interested.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nah, thats ok!!! half a degree we're talking here

Lol at the before measurements

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I wouldn't be happy with that. Fred set mine up by eye, got the front camber within 0.1 r to l. Rear toe on the right looks high, bearings?

TrackCar & F30 330d
I've seen your other thread, Take it back mate, it should be equal. Get them to do it right :) And make sure left and right had side are equal :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So i've had them on 2 months and i've decided there coming off!

There to hard for the awful roads around here, handling is truely epic on smooth roads, but they are very rare around here.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Can't you adjust them mate? Surely if you had them set up professionallllllly they would be better? I thought that was what coilovers were all about?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They handle epic, roads are just to shite around here, I live in the sticks think single lane roads with potholes and grass growing in the middle, and i'm getting old lol.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I meant couldn't you get them toned down a bit on epicness so that they more suited the roads.

I don't know what epic is measured in, but you could take it in to the garage and just say to remove a bit of epic, but leave plenty. That would work, wouldn't it? :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol they don't have adjustable damping, and to put less compressions on the spring you have to make them lower.

TTRS & V50
Surprised you think that. I live in a village back at home, and i have had no problems really. A lot lot lot less crashy than the Apex i had on before. Shame they don't have damper adjustment, but i think they are set at a good setting as a WHOLE.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Back to standard now, and some 16" TD, much softer :)

PC310067.jpg

Anyone want some coilovers?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Why you now gone for 16's? Thought the idea for the 15's was to save the ££ on tyres?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Cos the 16" where a good price and had basically new PE2s on.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Drives much better on 16" actually. Might be tempted to stick with them.

I only have 3 sets.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Going to try Sportlines/Prolines now Dr? Try and regain some of the stiffness or stick with the stock setup?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Staying stock, it's good as it is, can't be doing with modding anymore TBH.

BG 182 FF
Looks good as it is, better with the 16's than the 15's now you have took the collies off imo.