ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Infinity Basslink Sub - What Gauge Wire?

PH1 172 Sport
Planning on wiring up my x-mas presents tomorrow. The sub came with 10 gauge power and earth cable. Is this suitable considering its only 200w? I'm never really sure on these things.

Thanks

EDIT: I've just found some 8 Gauge power cable left over from my amp. If theres enough I use this BUT will I be able to run the sub and amp through the same 60A fuse block? They only come to 500w between them.

Last edited:
youve lost me there,have you added the sub and amp power figures together?
30amp fuse for 200w will suffice,if both are AGU fuse holders then you can swap the one from the 10gauge to the 8 gauge.I would use the 8 gauge purely if you ever decided to improve it further it saves the hassle

matt

PH1 172 Sport
The 8 gauge wiring ive got going to the front amp has a 60amp fuse. Would it be possible to use the same fuse for the sub ie. two 8 gauge power cables into the fuse and two out (one to the sub and one to the front speaker amp)

PH1 172 Sport
All fitted now I used the 8 gauge with the 10 gauge fuse. I'm pretty impressed with the basslink sub. It's not windows shaking bass but its just what I was after.