ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

INFINITY Perfect 5.1 Opinons

RS Clio 182

Thinking about buying a set of these components. Need opinions and whether they are they easy to install?

What other speakers do u suggest in this price range £180 ish?

Focal Polyglass 165v2 if you can put up with them having to be returned under warantee every 3months

but possibly the best sounding 5.25" comps out there

if they are not too deep they are a piece of pi$$ to fit, if they are a bit too deep, all you need to do is make a couple of MDF rings to space them out from the doors

not sure on the depth of them though

RS Clio 182

Can u not use the original wiring? I dont have a clue about car audio but want a decent sound system in my clio.

tbh i got front components in my door and while there not done with the original wiring i used normal run of the mill speaker cable ( the thin copper stuff) and i can notice no reduction in quality. Im running alpine components off an amp (there like 150w max 50RMS blue with black middle) and notice no reduction in quality even at loud volume off my alpine head unit and get no distortion on high notes (used a test cd). My only problem was wiring the damn stuff through the door. Is there any good wayy to do this???????????????????????????????? my passenger door seems to have found a lucky place but in my driver door it cuts the wire every once in a while :/ Oh yeah and ive mounted my tweeters in an amazing place, on the top of the door card just back and in a bit from the mirror cover panel (mark1 clio RT) Teh gold alpine logo sits at the bottom look sso cool. Id posts pics but i need to get a new film for my camera. ciao

oh yeah and i only payed 40 quid for the compoinents and 30 quid for the amp 2nd hand. Remember the amp built into the head unit isnt that powerful so if your going for speakers that expensive its worth amping them up. Its amazazing how much of a difference it makes.

RS Clio 182

Dont have an amp, but am using an Alpine 7894RB HU which has a powerful amp built in. Should this be ok to run the infinitys off?

Still not got too many options for £180????

The amp in the head unit maybe powerful compared to the standard head unit internal amp but will never compare to a seperate amplifier. You really need to get a seperate amp to drive the components to their full potential. Ive not got a system in my 172 as yet but in my previous car I had Alpine DD Drive 6.5" components and they were amazing, only paid £150 for them new. I used an alpine V12 amp to drive them (4 x 120 watts) and my sub.