ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

information need on clio sport

Clio Sport 172
hi

at the moment i have a 02 plate clio 1.2 dymanique and i have decided i want something a bit faster, so i been looking at clio sports and just wondered if enyone could tell me some stuff about them. i would like to know what they are like on fuel, tax, parts costs, ect

thank you

si

zs180
faster and clio dont really go together have you test driven an MGZS as they chew up and spit out the clio
the clio IMHO is perfect for the wife to go shopping in or drive to the hair dressers

Just in case you missed the earlier thread...

rover_logo.jpg

I could be really cruel and say at least Clio owners have hair ;)

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
what is it recently with all this a mg would kill a clio blah blah blah.
lets join a clio forum and tell them how good my rover is.
the clio is pretty good an fuel
parts can be pricey but theres always the renault breakers
tax is about £190 for a year

at the moment i have a 02 plate clio 1.2 dymanique and i have decided i want something a bit faster, so i been looking at clio sports and just wondered if enyone could tell me some stuff about them. i would like to know what they are like on fuel, tax, parts costs, ect

Fuel same as the 1.2's realy
Parts and servicing depends if your doin it yourself and milage etc with cambelts.

Best do a search though what are you looking for.

faster and clio dont really go together have you test driven an MGZS as they chew up and spit out the clio
the clio IMHO is perfect for the wife to go shopping in or drive to the hair dressers
Each to there own and I realy like Rovers but err the 172 not slow.

zs180
its nice to see you take a bit of banter with good humor
could i just request when in the normal following position you clio drivers dip your headlights as although you are quickly out of sight the dazzle can be irritating:rasp:

zs180
i once owned a laguna estate renault labeled it RT Sport it was an 8 valve engine nothing really sporty about it i think the french meaning of sport is different from the english meaning:S

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
waaaah waaahh lol get back on ure own forum...........or has it run out of money and moved to china lol

RS all the way, they look sicckkk

its nice to see you take a bit of banter with good humor
could i just request when in the normal following position you clio drivers dip your headlights as although you are quickly out of sight the dazzle can be irritating:rasp:

Will do.

Cannot help only needing the original head gasget to drive round on and getting 80mpg out of a diesel whilst you go off play with yourself and your car.

Is the the ZS a Rover 45? My parents had one of them they liked them I'd think they'll buy another some time not sure what I'm saying realy might point to what sort of people buy them but my parents only care about mpg they don't like any decinet cars.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
haha yeah spose so, have fun on CS pal i am sure its a touch of class compared to wat ure used to.

clio 16v

ROMFL

my mate has a mg the 160 bhp model
the valver and my other mates 106 gti eat it for breakfast.
So cant really see how the 180 is gona "chew up and spit out a 172/182":rasp:

172 cup'd extreme
Do rovers still have a warning light on the dash if you have moved the tartan blanket off the parcel shelf?

I was speaking to my chinese mate the other day about them, and even the chinese think they are s**t

zs180
do rover use disk brakes yet or is it still drums all round?
in my experience drums have always been round i cant go out and check as my MG has disks and they are all round

Do rovers still have a warning light on the dash if you have moved the tartan blanket off the parcel shelf?
i dont know ive never owned a rover however you sound like you speak from expeience did you part ex your rover for the clio or did they pay you to take the clio away?
was speaking to my chinese mate the other day about them, and even the chinese think they are s**t
each to thier own not sure what it has to do with me if your mate doesnt like tartan blankets:S

my mate has a mg the 160 bhp model
that would be a 1.8 4 cylinder then
So cant really see how the 180 is gona "chew up and spit out a 172/182
that would be the 2.5 V6 if you would like a chewing and spitting demonstration i am happy to oblige:rasp:

Is the the ZS a Rover 45?
no but your clio is a facelifted renault 5 :lolup:

Is the the ZS a Rover 45?
no but your clio is a facelifted renault 5 :lolup:[/QUOTE]

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_ZS
The MG ZS (2001-2005) is a sporting family car derived from the Rover 45 (launched in 1999). The 45 is a facelifted version of the Rover 400 which was launched in hatchback form in 1995 and saloon form in 1996. The Rover 400 had much in common with the Honda Civic of 1995-1999. At the time of development, Honda and Rover worked in partnership to design and develop cars for the Japanese and European markets.

The Rover 45 donor car did not have a reputation for being a driver's car but in fact it was the most suitable car in the Rover range for transformation into an MG, it's Honda heritage providing double-wishbone front suspension and fully independent multi-link rear suspension. As a Rover, the car was always optimised for comfort rather than handling — as an MG this choice was reversed to dramatic effect.

Despite being arguably less pretty than the MG ZR and MG ZT in terms of external appearance, the ZS is arguably the best driver’s car of the trio, offering a lot of power in V6 form and a supple chassis with excellent handling.
So let me get this right your cars basically a 12 year old Honda the only reason its got potential is because Honda years ago desinged it?