ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Infra-red LEDs beat cameras

Clio 1.2
I can see I will get a bit of hate for this but I've heard that high intensity infra-red LEDs positioned around or close to a plate will save you a few quid from speeding tickets,

I don't tend to speed anyway but there is the odd time where I do but not dangerously, so is this true if so which cameras will it work on? and has this been proven by anyone?

Ph2 172
Haven't these radar jammers been around for years? I remember seeing an ancient fifth gear with something like it attached to a Volvo or Saab iirc.

Are these ones something different?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Don't they pass them off as automatic garage door opening sensors?

They are laser radar jammers not for speed cameras . Their real function is as a garage door opener so if you have one of those fitted and you haven't actually got a garage door that it operates you're pretty much fcuked . Even if you have a garage door that it operates you can be prosecuted for interfering with the police or whoever else operates the device from carrying out their work.

if you want to buy a couple of jammers i have some in my draw if you like .........

and yes i have an automagic door on the garage , ......... used to have mine linked into my origin B2 system , many moons ago ..... and they opened my door too !!

people were prosecuted for perverting the course of justice successfully , mine were immediately removed

I have done several courses with class 1 instructors who have advised how not to be so obvious (there way of saying not getting caught )

the honest truth , totally and utterly pointless , the best speed camera deterrent are your eyes ...... if you feel they aren't good enough drive withing the limit .

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
bin off high powered LEDs and use a small low powered 808nm laser diode.

they would over power the speed camera ccd and the photo would nto come out

Clio 1.2

Would have thought High power would have been better as it will appear as one big white light...

Stop trying to be James f**king Bond. You will end up with more points as soon as the an a traffic car anpr cant read the plate and you get pulled.

Best bet would be to get a rotating number plate holder.

Have a false plate that you can switch to as soon as you see a camera.

James Bond had one, look at how well he's doing.

182cup & 172 racecar
I always use one of these.

Lightsaber-cutaway.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

with an LED the light jsut gones everywhere, with a laser you could focus it slightly more so like a 2 metre wide beam. so you wouldnt need that higherpowered laser. you could simple run it off the 12v already in the car. very simple to setup

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
works mine mate, just leave a TV remote in the glovebox and no speed camera can touch you.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
works mine mate, just leave a TV remote in the glovebox and no speed camera can touch you.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

That's not actually true Chip, It's only the Universal TV Remotes that this works on, as they cover more of the infra-red spectrum. Ga-Ron-Teed