ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector and fuel system problems. Going to buy donor car

I've got a MK2 DCI 80.
It's developed injector issues (STOP light appearing when putting foot down quickly when accelerating). My mechanic is asking me to pick up a cheap donor car so he can swap parts from it. He is also suspecting an electrical issue.
I am happy to pick up a donor car (my brother is in the car trade), but I want to know, because my car is a 80HP, will I be able to get away with a donor which is the 65HP or 100HP variant? Would they have the same injectors/electrical components?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Your mechanic wants an entire donor car to swap bits back and forth??

Sounds like your mechanic doesn't have a clue whats wrong.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Get the injectors refurb'd for ~£400 and change them yourself, takes less than a hour to do it correctly

Might be an electrical problem though - he says, something to do with the relay I think.
But I can salvage a fuel pump and injectors from a car (and other bits) for less than the price of refurb'd injectors. There's always a risk that if I pick up the injectors and the problem persists I would've blown £400.

Just picked up the car. Can anyone advise if they're different injectors in the 65bhp vs the 80bhp.
I know there's a difference in from dealers but this doesn't necessarily mean different part numbers.