ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injector Fault

Clio 182 FF
So I've got a misfire, and I have reason to believe the cause is dodgy fuel. I'm brimming the tank with good fuel every day (managed to get 7.5 litres in this morning) to try and dilute the bad fuel, and just driving through the misfire hoping that once the good fuel has diluted the bad enough it'll go away. Think I've got some Redex in the garage I'll stick in too.

The Exhaust gas monitor warning light keeps coming on (sometimes blinking, sometimes static) and RSTuner reads "DF0054 - Injector 3 fault". Has anyone got any info on error DF0054? I searched and found no results for it! And every other thread about injectors had a different error code.

Youve got an injector fault on number 3 injector swop it and the number 2 over and see if the problem continues on injector 3 or goes to injector 2. If it does move the injecotrs had it if not the wiring is the issue,

Clio 182 FF
The only problem with my fuel theory is that bad fuel would of-course be reaching all the injectors, not only #3, unless it's that #3 is the weakest and hence the one to report the problem.
I'm gonna try this new fuel and Redex to see if it goes away, but yeah replacing injectors would be the next thing if this doesn’t fix it.

What I don't get is that searching on ClioSport for Injector Fault gets loads of threads, but searching the code DF0054 gets no results. In the threads for everyone else who's had injector faults they’ve had a different error code to me!

Unfortunately when I got home today it was behaving itself so I couldn't play around swapping the injectors (the misfire is intermittent, was fine for 35 out of 40 miles today!). I took the fuel rail guard off to have a look and check the connectors.

If/when I have to replace an injector, how do you get them out? The only thing I could see was two bolts that looked like they held the whole fuel rail in.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Thats it, remove the two 10mm bolts then up-end the rail. Disconnect the injector multiplug, slide out the lock pin then pull it clear then replace.

Clio 182 FF
Just to give closure:

With fresh fuel and redex it then ran fine... for a week. Then the intermittent misfire became permanent :(.
So with it misfiring on the driveway I unplugged each of the injector multiplugs in turn just to check that the error code was correct - unplugging #3 made no difference to the already misfiring car, but unplugging 1/2/4 made it nearly stall. So that confirmed as per the error code that it was indeed injector #3 at fault.
Fitting the new injector wasn't hard. The main issues were that the fuel line connection to the fuel rail seemed complicated to take it off (probably me just being dim!) and that it then took a fair bit of oomph to to remove the fuel rail, complete with injectors, from the engine (the fuel rail felt a bit flimsy so I was trying to be gentle!)

Clio 182 FF
I have the same problem, How did you solve this problem?
As above, I read the error codes to identify which injector it was, and then confirmed it was the correct injector by unplugging the electric multiplug from it and noticing that the engine note didn't change (i.e. the injector I unplugged was indeed dead).

I then replaced the injector with a brand new part, part numbers here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...njector-Part&p=8573953&viewfull=1#post8573953

Funny thing is that this week I had another injector die (cylinder #4). Wonder how much longer the other two 9years/60k miles old injectors have left!?

220 Trophy, EVO 8
These injectors seem to be going one by one after 10 years, my car (2002 rs172) has almost 130.000 miles and I just replaced injector 4 a few days ago and today, injector 2 seems to have gone aswell. Anyone had a similar problem? I'm really worried that something else is causing them to break....