ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S2) -100% Constantly

2006 Clio182 RS
Evening all, hope you're well.

As the title to this post explains, I'm having issues with a lumpy idle and a strong smell of fuel from the exhaust.

Initially I had a Cylinder 3 misfire which I believe was down to a faulty Ignition Coil Pack and since I've replaced it there are no error codes now so hopefully it was just the Coil Pack.

Now the car is still running lumpy at idle with a strong fuel smell from the exhaust.

After plugging my diagnostic in and checking the live data I've got the following readings when the car is up to temperature and running at idle.

•Short Term Fuel Trim B1 ranging from
-0.7% - 36% at idle

•Long Term Fuel Trim B1 stays at 18.8% all the time at idle.

•Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S1) ranging from -11.7% - 15% at idle

•Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S2) -100% constantly at idle

•Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S1) ranging from 0.009V - 0.840V at idle

•Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S2) ranging from 0.070V - 0.800V at idle

Am I looking at a faulty injector given the readings from Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S2) staying at a constant -100%?
If yes, what injector is this likely to be or how can I work out which one to replace?

Or am I looking at faulty O2/Lambda Sensors?

I'd really appreciate your help with this one as it's starting to get right on my nerves.

Cheers

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Evening all, hope you're well.

As the title to this post explains, I'm having issues with a lumpy idle and a strong smell of fuel from the exhaust.

Initially I had a Cylinder 3 misfire which I believe was down to a faulty Ignition Coil Pack and since I've replaced it there are no error codes now so hopefully it was just the Coil Pack.

Now the car is still running lumpy at idle with a strong fuel smell from the exhaust.

After plugging my diagnostic in and checking the live data I've got the following readings when the car is up to temperature and running at idle.

•Short Term Fuel Trim B1 ranging from
-0.7% - 36% at idle

•Long Term Fuel Trim B1 stays at 18.8% all the time at idle.

•Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S1) ranging from -11.7% - 15% at idle

•Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S2) -100% constantly at idle

•Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S1) ranging from 0.009V - 0.840V at idle

•Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (B1-S2) ranging from 0.070V - 0.800V at idle

Am I looking at a faulty injector given the readings from Short Term Fuel Trim (B1-S2) staying at a constant -100%?
If yes, what injector is this likely to be or how can I work out which one to replace?

Or am I looking at faulty O2/Lambda Sensors?

I'd really appreciate your help with this one as it's starting to get right on my nerves.

Cheers
Hard to say but injector failures are so common I would suspect that.

One of mine failed gradually and made for a lumpy very rich idle at first with no EML.