ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injectors replaced - one not responding

I bought a donor clio to take the injectors from to put into my own clio which has the warning and tell-tale signs of an injector problem. The replacement was successful with the car starting first time (wasn't the case with previous injectors).

Although the car starts there is a constant juddering/misfiring. I've worked out that injector number 1 isn't working. I did this by unplugging each injector, all of which, when unplugged, had an impact on the idling of the engine. When I got to number 1, there was no difference in the idle sound. It is receiving an electrical supply so ruled our wiring.

I'm thinking of doing a flow back test to see if I can find the issue, but I'm suspecting the fuel distributor (if that's what its called), where all the metal fuel pipes are connected to might be staring the injector 1 from fuel.

Is there anything else I could explore?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Wouldn't hurt to swap that injector with a different one just to make sure it isn't the injector itself at fault