ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet Manifold - 1*2

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
Hello!

How easy is it to change the complete inlet manifold? Do any gaskets need replacing once it has been removed?

Reason I ask is i'm looking to tidy up my engine bay with new hoses etc, and wish to buy a new inlet manifold and spray it all black...

Any advice would appreciated!!

Thanks, Mark

Ph1
Take it your meaning the plenum, the bit on the top of the engine with Renault Sport written on it??

Inlet is the 90 degree bend between head and plenum ;)

Plenum, 2 10 mm bolts at the back of the engine, row of 10mm's at the front. unplug the sensors, breather and TB / TB cable as required. Very easy job

Mines been off about 6 or 7 times in the cars life and only once needed to change the inlet to plenum gasket so no you dont need to BUT potentially might need to

Just have some sealer handy ;)

Lots of Alfas
The plenum is often reffered to as the inlet, the inlet is the bit it bolts onto that has the fuel rail on it.

As above the inlet, to plenum gasket is worth changing, its not too pricey from renault. If its a 172mk1 the gasket between the throttle and the plenum falls apart, again this isnt expensive.

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
Yes the plenum is what i'm talking about.. I'd like to clean strip mine off, clean it up and spray it matt black and tidy engine bay :)

I saw a 182 "Inlet Manifold" (Plenum) which i was thinking of buying to spray black instead of my original part (so i can keep the car standard when i sell it).. I guess it should fit the 172 ph2?

Thanks for your advice :)

Ph1
Ph1 and ph2 172 ones im 98% sure are interchangeable.

182 one isnt compatable mainly due to no rocker breather on the underside

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ph1 and ph2 172 ones im 98% sure are interchangeable.

182 one isnt compatable mainly due to no rocker breather on the underside

ph1 is cable throttle but ph2 is fly by wire? Doesnt sound right that theyre compatible to me

Ph1
ph1 is cable throttle but ph2 is fly by wire? Doesnt sound right that theyre compatible to me

Makes no odds on that front as the TB's are all the same fit cable or fly by.

Only differences i think are the breather set ups. Do ph2s run the ICV the same?

Im sure im running a ph2 set up. They got a bit mixed up when modding and then polishing so might not be :eek::eek:

ITB'd MK1
Makes no odds on that front as the TB's are all the same fit cable or fly by.

Only differences i think are the breather set ups. Do ph2s run the ICV the same?

Im sure im running a ph2 set up. They got a bit mixed up when modding and then polishing so might not be :eek::eek:

incorrect. they have different bolt patterns for the throttle body

Ph1
incorrect. they have different bolt patterns for the throttle body

Come to think of it your right. From distant memory 2 of the holes line up so the other 2 would need to be taped.
Easy enough job at a push although the lack of ICV would be more of a prob. Could drill the mounting area as its just blanked off out but could be tricky getting the fit for the recess for the ICV o-ring