ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet Manifold Hot?

LY 182 & 200
Noticed today that my inlet manifold gets really hot. To the point that you cannot keep you hand on it. Just wondering if this is normal on the 1*2?

Thanks

Golf GTD Mk7
Upper mani or lower? Top shouldn't get that hot really. Not to the point it's too hot to touch.

LY 182 & 200
Upper mani. I noticed it when I was fixing the resistor pack. I kept trying to rest my elbow on it but it was too hot. It must be affecting inlet temperatures tho. Just trying to figure out a way of stopping it getting that hot, maybe some heat shield or something....

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Yes the heat from the engine transfers itself up to the inlet bud... the inlet being on top of the cylinder head probably doesn't help lol but its normal...

ITB'd MK1
it's bolted directly to the top of the engine, it's going to get just as hot as the rest. Air travelling into the engine will be moving so fast, the temperature of the plenum will make an unnoticably tiny difference

LY 182 & 200
it's bolted directly to the top of the engine, it's going to get just as hot as the rest. Air travelling into the engine will be moving so fast, the temperature of the plenum will make an unnoticably tiny difference

Ah right, all my questions answered :D