ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet Manifold Painting

172 Cup SOLD
Seen a few 172/82 inlet manifolds painted, what sort of paint is this, or is it a body shop job?

Cheers

80MPG BEEZA
just use hammerite with a really small brush if your useless with a brush tape the thing up first to avoid overspill

Seat Leon Cupra 290
my inlet mani is painted, the renaultsport lettering is blue same as the car, its not on my car at the mo or i would put pics up

172 Cup SOLD
Rich Cup said:
my inlet mani is painted, the renaultsport lettering is blue same as the car, its not on my car at the mo or i would put pics up

how did you paint the lettering neatly?

small paintbrush?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i would paint the whole unit, then sand back the renault sport, so its nice and shiny. easy to do too!!!!

172 Cup SOLD
gt_gaz said:
i would paint the whole unit, then sand back the renault sport, so its nice and shiny. easy to do too!!!!

thats good!!

i never even thought of that!!

sand paper, or like a dremmel job?

sorry for all the questions, i'm curious............and fancy doing something myself that costs relatively nothing

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dan x2c said:
thats good!!

i never even thought of that!!

sand paper, or like a dremmel job?

sorry for all the questions, i'm curious............and fancy doing something myself that costs relatively nothing

dunno, not done it, but some very fine wet + dry sandpaper would suffice i'd imagine!

172 Cup SOLD
gt_gaz's does sound a lot better method!, and probably a lot neater as well

having a polished face on the lettering and painted sides would be a good effect as well i would imagine