ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet Manifold

182 Sport 2.0I
Does getting matched Inlet Manifolds do much decrease to your MPG when you want to driv sensible again :D I dont wana go from 36Mpg to 28 when driving sensibly :D

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
i wouldnt like to say yes or no but, i cant see it making much difference if any at all, mine has had more than just inlets and i can still get 35mpg if i drive like miss daisy :D my mpg is usually around 32 and i stick it most days

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Kk, Just JAM Sports have a good deal £120 for Match inlets atm!!! Great deal!

How did you get that price?

Their website says £138 and thats without fitting or gaskets!

£215 all in is what it actually cost.

Im going down next week and its probably gonna cost me the best part
of £200 and thats with me blagging a bit of discount!

182 Sport 2.0I
Your right, its on the home page

Clio 172/182 Matched and ported inlet manifolds for 172/182 Clios
£120 +VAT exchange

So all in its over 200 yeah! :D

Still a good deal if i say so myself, im waiting for them to contact me, i wana Get Cambelt + Aux + Manifold, wana see what they can offer.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Your right, its on the home page

Clio 172/182 Matched and ported inlet manifolds for 172/182 Clios
£120 +VAT exchange

So all in its over 200 yeah! :D

Still a good deal if i say so myself, im waiting for them to contact me, i wana Get Cambelt + Aux + Manifold, wana see what they can offer.

Dont hold your breath mate, ive been trying to get mine done for
a couple of weeks, they said they'd get back to me and never did
ive rang them a couple of times now, today being the latest
still waiting for a definitive quote!

Dont get me wrong im not slagging them off, there obvioulsly
busy, just dont wait too long for a reply.

182 Sport 2.0I
I'm in no hurry, which i guess is a good job. I do need some professional advice tho,

At 5K revs when you feel the boost i get loud vibrations in second and firstm and sometimes in third when hitting small bumps at 5-6K revs. Do you all get this? Im worrying something is rubbing, maybe engine mounts have gona so i may need uprated ones.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in no hurry, which i guess is a good job. I do need some professional advice tho,

At 5K revs when you feel the boost i get loud vibrations in second and firstm and sometimes in third when hitting small bumps at 5-6K revs. Do you all get this? Im worrying something is rubbing, maybe engine mounts have gona so i may need uprated ones.

Could be engine mounts, Gearbox mounts or anything else thats attached to the car lol.

Mine makes lots of differant noises, my dash makes loads of weird noises.

182 Sport 2.0I
Hmm, i really need to get in another 182 to see if it makes the same noise, Also second gear is a pain when you thrash first gear. Sorry bout the questions only had the car couple of weeks! f**king baffler has gone too in an all in one exhaust :!!!!!!!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm, i really need to get in another 182 to see if it makes the same noise, Also second gear is a pain when you thrash first gear. Sorry bout the questions only had the car couple of weeks! f**king baffler has gone too in an all in one exhaust :!!!!!!!

Second can be a pain in mine if I blast it in first, I change to second at
about 6k then 7k with the rest of the gears.

If its a standard 182 exhaust then they are prone to falling apart,
my mate had a 182 with 20k on the clock and his fell apart.

Ph1
Theres other places that also do inlet matching you know.

AWT and Stan off here (not sure of the company) to name but 2.

182 Sport 2.0I
Yeah, just thought it would be easier to get it when i get my cambelt done :D

Its not a standard exhaust, think its a custom one.

Turbo?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Quite a few people on the Matched Inlet group-buy with Jamsport got slightly higher mpg afterwards :)

If you are getting a juddering when flooring it in 1st & 2nd it might be drive shafts or engine/gearbox mounts needing replaced

182 Sport 2.0I
Quite a few people on the Matched Inlet group-buy with Jamsport got slightly higher mpg afterwards :)

If you are getting a juddering when flooring it in 1st & 2nd it might be drive shafts or engine/gearbox mounts needing replaced

Ahh ok, cool.

Its not judder, no power difference just noise, its like a blurping noise that comes on and off in third, and is very noticable in second. Once of the rubbers on my engine mount looks split so i think its related.

Think ill get them uprated when i get the Cam done.

Ph1
Might be worth waiting a couple of months anyway because if the new Super cup inlet / plenum is as good as initial reports suggest they'll be a massive off load of pre done matched inlets on the 2nd hand market.

182 Sport 2.0I
Might be worth waiting a couple of months anyway because if the new Super cup inlet / plenum is as good as initial reports suggest they'll be a massive off load of pre done matched inlets on the 2nd hand market.

Sounds good, you got any inside information? Supplier etc?