ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet manifold

Clio mk3
Hi, new to this site but thought it would be my best bet and first try to see if anyone with the same car as me can help me.

I have a 2009 clio mk3 facelift model 1.2. when i blip the throttle you can hear an obvious air leak, i am lead to believe that this could be normal but the problem is constant, whatever gear im in etc i can hear an obvious air leak, especially when in 5th gear, even at 50mph+ when the foot os depressed fully on the throttle pedal you can hear an air leak, i have checked all vacuum pipes and air pipes in the engine bay and everything seems fine i have also checked the air flow sensor which sits on top of the manifold and that is fine, i was starting to think along the line of cracked manifold or nackered seals.

What im asking is
1. Is it o-ring seals for the inlet manifold on my model of car

2. Has this happened to anyone with the same car, or similar and know what it would be?

If not one weekend i wont be using the car i will just remove the manifold and do it that way just thought i could ask first...?

Thanks