ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet question - pics inside

SC 172 FF
I have an IK on my car of which I'm not sure of the make....anyway changed the spark plugs on my car today and came across a long hose leading to the inlet manifold, at the end of the pipe is a screw blocking it up....any ideas if this is not needed due to the induction or if this should lead somewhere?

On top of that found that the pipe on my IK was just hanging loose, found where i think it should join up 2 although was hoping someone could confirm for me!

thanks all! :)

Attachments

• Inlet pipe blocked.JPG
    Inlet pipe blocked.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 68
  • induction pipe.JPG
    induction pipe.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Inlet pipe.JPG
    Inlet pipe.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 48
  Evo 6, E92 320d
The one at the back of the head is the oil breather, that goes back into the intake, so yes that pipe hanging loose does go there.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The one with the screw in goes to the acoustic valve, if it's not blocked, or attached to the acoustic valve the car idles high.

SC 172 FF
The one at the back of the head is the oil breather, that goes back into the intake, so yes that pipe hanging loose does go there.

good to hear that because that's where i've stuck it!....just need to get myself a clip to hold it on!

Da

Less
It's probably still there, most people just disconnect it and leave it in situ.

But yeah, they come up forsale now and again and are cheap second hand.