ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inlet / rail guard

Clio 182 black gold
Not sure if this is in the correct area, but I wanna tidy up the engine bay a little, so gonna give them a clean and a little spray,

Is this sort of thing I can do in one day? Or do I have to leave a day or 2 to dry before I can drive the car again?

Any guides or advice is more than welcome!

Cheers

Clio 2.0 16v 182
You'll want to use high temp paint or hammerite so I'd say at least 9 hours drying for good measure. The real challenge is getting the dust off.

mine were off, painted in rattle can aerosol and back on within 8 hrs. I then didn't drive the car for a day and a half. You don't need high temp paint tbh, they don't get hot enough to damage normal paint from a can. Sprayed mine 2 years ago and its fine. Just mask all the relevant holes up well on the inlet.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can drive around with the rail guard off for a day if needs be.

Obviously wouldn't recommend leaving off for a while.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
You can pick up spare inlet manifolds and fuel rail guards relativity cheaply. I have a spare of each at the moment waiting for me to spray. At one point I'm sure @optical had about 6 stashed under his bed.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Also get new throttle body and inlet gaskets too, might as well replace them when they come off.
IIRC from when I did mine the throttle body one fell to pieces and was a nightmare to get off the sealing face.

A Few
Thanks.. hope this helps OP (sorry for high jack). I've got new inlet manifold gaskets already, but better get the throttle body gasket before I start tinkering!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks.. hope this helps OP (sorry for high jack). I've got new inlet manifold gaskets already, but better get the throttle body gasket before I start tinkering!
The inlet has two "gaskets" - a normal gasket when it meets the lower inlet and a rubber ring thing on the top, which I presume is for a breather.
Didn't know that a Ph2 has a rubber ring gasket seal thing for the throttle body.

A Few
IMG_0983.JPG
This is what I have so I think I'm good to go???
Part no 7700 114 203 inlet gasket and 8200 052 311 beige ring thing!

dan's cast offs.
you don't know what yours are like until they are off so at least you've got them. most of the time you don't need to replace them but once every so often you find a bad one that needs replacing.