ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inner ball joint

Naples 16v
anyone ever replaced the inner ball joint (the one off the end of the steering rack) on a 95N 1.2 clio?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea i changed on on a megane on friday same thing. But i work for renault so have no idea how you would get it off without the special tool.

Naples 16v
Cheers mate, I presume the ball joint and track rod come as one so both need replacing? Grip the rack with a pair of mole grips with thick rubber in the jaws- hoping I know but Im desperate. Dom

CB600FS
Yeah the rack end, and track rod end you have to buy separately. I've done a set of rack ends without the tool, used a decent pair of mole grips (the real mc'coy IRWIN vice grip things not the cheap stuff) on proper tight. Loads of room though that was on a Mk2 Golf.

Take the gaitor off and soak it in oil the night before

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yea as tom said i just use the tool only ever done 2, both meggys didnt have much room for moles grips on the last one.