ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inner tie rod changing

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Spanner will do. Slacken the nut and undo the track rod end. Remember to count how many revolutions as you remove it. When installing the new one count the same revolutions so it's as close to where the old one was.

No thread lock required. Just tighten it

LY FF182
Yeah oem ones are a 32mm, most patern parts are 36 apparently. I've got some in the garage waiting to be fitted and bought a viscous fan spanner with 32 one end and 36mm the other. Trade card was less than £10

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
I bought one of those tools, it was great for getting the old ones off but as I got pattern parts the head was larger so couldn't get enough torque on them to do them up so got a 32mm crows foot to sort them, but as said you may end up with a 36mm, its probably best just to get the genuine tie rods and the ebay tool, job done.

and yes you need to use loctite on the inner end to ensure nothing moves.