ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inner tie rod part number and compatibles

2003 Clio 172
Hey guys,

I know this has probably been asked time and time again but I just need some definitive information as soon as possible to try and order some for tomorrow.

My car is a Ph2 172 FF......2003/4

What is the Reno part number for the pass/side inner track rod.

I know there was another thread discussing alternatives for cup pack cars but does anyone have any DEFINITIVE other brand alterntives for a non cup car?

Part numbers would be super useful.

Regards
Andy

"Navy" N17 TWO
What's your rack?

SMI ?

I have my rods to hand, will get the numbers off them for you :)

PS - you get my txt? lol

EDIT: Both sides are identical if that makes it easier

2003 Clio 172
Ok guys, thanks.

Will phone the locals and see what they say.

Soz Tig, phone died and left charger in work so only saw it this morn.

A

2003 Clio 172
Can anyone get me the act part number I need for my car sharpish? I'd rather the factor cross referenced the number than my car date etc.

I cant see whether its an SMI rack or not as the label is gone

Cheers
J

"Navy" N17 TWO
That is the actual part no. Andy - have them in front of me in the packets from Shelbourne

2003 Clio 172
Right.....just got 2 first line parts cross referenced from the QH and Reno parts.

They are measuring 320 mm from mating face to the end of the thread at the TRE side.

Hope that's enough. Tig, can you measure your Reno ones for me to the same points bud?

J

Forester STi SG9
I have some genuine renault ones here in front of me (part number 77 01 473 656) and they too are 320 mm from mating surface to the end of the outer thread so yes you have the correct ones.

2003 Clio 172
Seriously.

Need help here. Can't get the track rods off, but that's another issue. I'll just get/fashion a tool tomorrow to do so.

I simply don't see them making this noise.....yes, they are MUCH looser than the new ones but no knocking.

I just for the life of me can't see what is knocking. I packed the "loose" cv with more grease as it was a bit dry and it has tightened it up. Yet this noise remains when driving.

I lay under the car tonight for a couple of hours checking my work, every bolt, every bush, every joint.....nothing.

I'm starting to fray a little here team, never beaten by a car yet but this is closing in :/

Help

:(

2003 Clio 172
Brilliant, shattered a variable crows foot today and the rod just laughed at a stilson.

Fck