ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insanely dim Cargo Net question

Got a Cargo Net from Ebay today for my 172 Cup, damned if I know how to fit the bloody thing! Had less trouble putting my Carbon Splitter on a couple of weeks ago.

Any advice?! It has odd looking plastic clips in each corner but there doesnt appear to be a logical place to actually clip them in the car.

Feel free to mock me :oops:

[Edited by ukaskew on 30 June 2005 at 7:09pm]

Cheers just found it. I did put it there but it seemed very pointless so I figured it had to be somewhere else.

Feel like Ive wasted a few quid now, its useless!

tiTTy & SV650

i use my net all the time, great for a couple of bags of shopping stop it flying around while i rally it round some back roads on my way home.

BG 182, R26

If youre after somewhere to put bits and bobs then these car boot tidys are great.

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Gadgets_Stuff___Things.htmlhttp://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Gadgets_Stuff___Things.html

Pics near the bottom of the page.

They have velcro on the bottom and back so they stick to the carpet in the boot . Ive got two side by side in my boot and they fit perfectly up against the rear of the back seat. And as they are made out of carpet they are almost a spot on match for the rest of the boot.

[Edited by atomic_bog_roll on 01 July 2005 at 12:24am]

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 01 July 2005

i use my net all the time, great for a couple of bags of shopping stop it flying around while i rally it round some back roads on my way home.
How does it hold shopping though? Its barely off of the boot floor. I was under the assumption it would be higher up so it would fully support anything you put in it.

It held an awful lot of stuff safely when lapping the nurburgring the weekend before last!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 01 July 2005

How does it hold shopping though? Its barely off of the boot floor. I was under the assumption it would be higher up so it would fully support anything you put in it.
You dont put stuff in it as such, you put stuff underneath it. It should be elasticated, so it stretches over whatever you have in the boot and holds it firmly in place against the boot floor.

As Day said, it kept a couple of helmets, ruck sacks, first aid kit, camera equipment, bottles of water, warning triangle and a whole pile of other crap firmly in place in the boot at the ring a couple of weeks ago. Very useful.

Quote: Originally posted by Nik on 01 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 01 July 2005

You dont put stuff in it as such, you put stuff underneath it. It should be elasticated, so it stretches over whatever you have in the boot and holds it firmly in place against the boot floor.

As Day said, it kept a couple of helmets, ruck sacks, first aid kit, camera equipment, bottles of water, warning triangle and a whole pile of other crap firmly in place in the boot at the ring a couple of weeks ago. Very useful.
Ahhh, the penny drops, told you I was dim! Now THAT is clever!