ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inside the car is soaked!

BMW M3 - For Sale!

if u sit in the back seat, with your feet on the floor - your feet will be soaked and u will notice a huge puddle of water on the carpet!

where the hell is the water coming from? there is nothing dripping from the roof and the roof is completely dry. ive felt around the wet patch and it seems to be dry - just a circle of water in the middle of the carpet!

does any1 no where the water mite be comin in through?

BMW M3 - For Sale!

it really is a deep puddle tho so surely the water would come in and go out again thru the hole? hmm...

Volvo S60 T5

You had a new screen fited recently?

If not the best way to find the leak is to remove the seats and carpet etc, you will need to anyway to dry them out or they wont smell nice in a few months.

Then get in your car, get a mate to spray the car with a hose or pressure washer then look to see where leak is coming from.

Could be something as simple as a door membrane?

BMW M3 - For Sale!

na i havnt had a new screen fitted recently.

oh bugger... guess im gonna have to remove the seats and carpet then!

anything simple that i can check before i remove the seats and carpet?

My valver likes to let water in, Think its down to the door seals being past there best. but my carpet and seats are out so im going to try the hose pipe trick.;)

Try the rear lights. If they are not seated correctly a lot of water can get in. I couldnt believe the size of the puddle I had from mine. Reseated and its fine.

/Mad

BMW M3 - For Sale!

Quote: Originally posted by madcowz on 17 October 2004

Try the rear lights. If they are not seated correctly a lot of water can get in. I couldnt believe the size of the puddle I had from mine. Reseated and its fine.

/Mad
u had a puddle in the same place that i do?

BMW M3 - For Sale!

hmm... yeah ill have to have a look at that cos there has always been condensation in my car but ive only just noticed the puddle - only after a year of owning it lol!

the previous owner must have had a slight bump in the car because ive noticed that one rear light is a phase 1 and the other is a phase 2... so im gonna have to check that the phase 1 light is fitted properly!

BMW M3 - For Sale!

whereabouts do i need to check to see if its the light thats lettin the water in? ive opened the boot and it is bone dry as far as i can see - including around the boot seal

Punto/Clio GTT

just a guess... have you been usin your rear screen jets lately? maybe your connectors popped off by the arch and the waters just going into the rear footwell? or maybe pipes broken?.... maybe 8)

FM

Best thing is pull teh carpet up in the back and see where the water is running from, collects in rear footwell cus its the lowest point, also takwe the boot carpet out(just lifts out) and see if any water is commig in from there.....spray the car wiht the hose

who needs carpet?

I would strongly suggest that it is coming from under one of the seats (front) as that is where a lot of the cups spring leaks.

/y0z

BMW M3 - For Sale!

yeah it feels like its that wet but cant tell cos its black carpet and quite dark inside! lol

i dont really wanna remove the seats and then the carpet - is there an easier way to get the carpet up other than remove the front seats?

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Funny this - i had an RT about a year ago.

I had EXACTLY the same problem! However, i couldnt for the life of me figure out where it was coming from! Still wondering to this day!

Now the thing with this is that i didnt have any problems at all - until i got the car re-sprayed.

Now when i got it re-sprayed, i took off the rear wiper, therefore had to plug up the end of the wiper jet pipe with a screw and some sealer.

What rear footwell is it in? Mine was in the passenger side - which coincidentally is the side my rear washer jet pipe was running down the side of the car!

Now what i figured, is that because i sealed the end up good and proper, if i were to accidentally knock the jet on on the back (which i did many a time), the pressure mightve been too much for the pipe somewhere by the side of the car, therefore leaking water down.

Thats the only thing i can think of to tell the truth, as i was pretty confused by it myself!

Hope this helps - let us know when, or should i say IF, you find out where its come from!

Al

rsturbo and a xr3i

i had a puddle like that in the rear foot well when we had all that bad rain not that long ago and it was coming from my sunroof water was dripping from the sunroof down the plastic panel along the front pillars and down into the front foot well but there was that much water that it went into the back aswell . is yours wet in the front aswell ??