ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance. 172 to Z3M?

Car  330i. E30 Touring.
I've just bought the 172, and insured it for a (what I would call) reasonable £1100.

I wondered what other faster cars would come out at.

E46 M3 - £3200.

2001 Z3M- £1450!!!!!

Madness!
 
I never found that at all. M3 for me was 602 and Z4M was 682. Diff values right enough.

Likewise a F430 is 1600 ! :S
 
Why though?

The M3 is obviously far more recognisable, and sort-after.

The Z3M is just as quick though?
 
Most idiots on the street probably don't really know what a Z3M is so won't steal it, where as most know what an M3 is.
 
The M Roadster was quite rare in the UK (relatively speaking). So the statistics for that car will be that there's not been a great deal of claims involving them, thus making them a low risk car for claims, the fact it's still more than your average fast car is that the insurers still recognise it's a 320hp RWD that does 160mph.

Silly I know, but it's how insurers work.
 
I'd have the Z3MC all day long over the E46...But they are still bloody expensive!
 
I prefer the M3, looks wise.

Every drug-dealer and his pitbull have one now though.

M3 is cheaper to buy. More expensive to insure. Vice-versa on the Z3M..

Meh.
 
M Coupe is a special car, love it, looks so funky compared to the old looking E36.

With an S54 I'd take it over an E46, otherwise no.
 
^ Get to work making me some bits for the Z4! Exhaust/ IK/ Map/ Brakes/ Go to it! ;)
 
I prefer the M3, looks wise.

Every drug-dealer and his pitbull have one now though.

M3 is cheaper to buy. More expensive to insure. Vice-versa on the Z3M..

Meh.

It does make more sense to buy an M3 Evo over an M Roadster/Coupe. You can get an M3 for less than £4k, no way would you get the latter for that.

Plus M3s share the same body panels with any other E36, so if you have a crash, or buy one with rust, it costs next to nothing to repair.
 
E36 wasn't a fan at all...E46 is a nice lookin car CSL esp but dated now. Too common too. hence why i didn't want one. Like the old old M3 tho!
 
^ Get to work making me some bits for the Z4! Exhaust/ IK/ Map/ Brakes/ Go to it! ;)

Fook off, I've got to go and tend to a house now, who knows how long that will take. I'm going to be up all night:( Race day tomorrow too.

Brakes are nearly done (rears at least, fronts have been done for ages). You can come down for an exhaust from May.
 
Fook off, I've got to go and tend to a house now, who knows how long that will take. I'm going to be up all night:( Race day tomorrow too.

Brakes are nearly done (rears at least, fronts have been done for ages). You can come down for an exhaust from May.

tell me more, tell more...(Was gonna break into tune there)

Where are you's based?
 
CSL never gets old.

IMG_0181.webp
IMG_0184.webp

We're in Warrington. Anyone can fit the brakes, they are direct replacements and just need bleeding afterward, exhaust will be custom and require the car to be here for a day.
 
Prices are to be confirmed, but if your car was the developement car (i.e. get the measurements for future systems and a dyno run) then there would be a deal to be had.
 
Back
Top