ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Alloys

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
So, My car came with steel wheels, And i was wondering if i found some renault alloys, Would it be likely to affect my insurance or would it not as they are standard on some clios?

Thanks, Jet

145db Euro'd clio
oh and quinn seem safe about it. they dont see them as performance enhancing and aslong as they arent performance enhancing then they dont mind, it wont void your insurance and its all covered!!! :D:D:D

Clio
I can't see them being bothered about standard Renault alloys TBH.

They could have easily been on it when you bought it.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Didn't increase my premium with the turninis.

I just explained that they are off a trophy and are still renault wheels (OEM+ so to speak). Wasn't a problem!

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
If your with Directline your screwed.

Well i am :(

Guess im going to have to ring up and make sure before i make any decisions :(

Thanks for all the replys,

Thats what i thought with them being standard renault alloys there shouldnt be a problem.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I rang my insurers (Admiral) when I put my white turinis on my car, which obviously have turinis as standard anyway......explained they were the same as the standard ones, same size, same shape, blah blah, but white and the nice lady said we dont mind what so ever.....

I reckon for your standard alloys, not 'uprated' 172 RS etc or aftermarket, on your car shouldnt make a difference as it would have been an optional extra from the showroom.

I'd ring to make sure and be on the safe side. The worst they can say is no....

Titanium 182
Should be alright as long as they were an option heck most places dont even care if a 182 has cup packs or not and thats different suspension!

1.2 dynamique
I put vts wheels on my old citroen saxo furio (originally comes with steelies) and norwhich union ended up asking for about £30 extra on the premium!

Alex
:)

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I put vts wheels on my old citroen saxo furio (originally comes with steelies) and norwhich union ended up asking for about £30 extra on the premium!

Alex
:)

Thats like fitting 172/182/turinis to a 1.6......I would expect a premium rise for that......they are not standard to the car. But in Jetwells case the alloys he wants to fit are a standard fit to his model of clio.

If the alloys are a standard fit for the car, it shouldn't change the 'insurance group' loading.......which is essentially what you are doing when you modify a car.

P.S. My ex is an insurance broker........good old insider knowlege ;)