ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance companies for modded cars

as above really...

Which insurance companies are good for modified cars atm?

any in particular u know of?

Gonna try HIC tomorra.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

im with highway through adrian flux, modded with just wheels and suspension. (had to cancel last one cos of no mods allowed @ directline)

nice people and good price.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

^^Same here^^, I think Greenlight (Cliosport insurers) are supposed to be good as well. Liverpool Vic, CIS are quite good I think.

Renault Insurance ;) Ive just upgraded mine with mods to include eibach springs and a custom fitted magnex exhaust. Extra £20 a month and £750 exess.

HIC are ok.. well Phil gave me a good quote fully comp on my 1.2..

Some people wanted like £2k just because it was modded etc.. heh.

CIS allow any external mods.. but they wanted 2k in my own name..

Nissan Jewk

This may sound silly, but get a quote from Sainsburys.co.uk, they are well cheap! Especially if you know someone who works with sainsburys and can get 10% discount!

Lol, Ronin, thats a bloody high excess?!! Have you got the maximum voluntary excess or somet just to keep ur premium down?

HIC quoted me 4k :O a bloody joke!!!!

and asda has given me 1792 with an allowance of 3 mods!

any pplz work for an insurance company here?

is that right? I need cheaper quotes guys!

my stats are... 19, 2 years driving experience, pass plus, no ncb, one accident, no claims, no convictions, 1.2 16v worth 9.5k with lowered suspension, alloys, respray, lexus lights, bodycoloured.

Try Brentacre 01792 605933, may struggle being 19, but I have used them for 10 years on a modded Golf and gave best price for my 182. Restrictions based on bhp not cosmetics, wheels, kits etc.

eg policies are basically do what you like but dontt exceed 200bhp (insert own power limit)

Try Elephant.

Dunno what they like on mods (I know mods on a Williams are expensive!).. but they were the cheapest for me on the Willy..

They also do a 10 Month policy with a 1 year NCD at the end.. which will help!

Are based in Swansea, but place your policy with reputable companies. I have claimed when I had a small skirmish with a V6 Calibra on the M4 going back about 6 years. No problems at all. Still run by the same people. The staff generally know what they are talking about moreso re VWs, but they are genuine car enthusiasts.

I know the owners son John quite well as he is into VWs. He used to drive a 2l 16v 4WD 300bhp Black Rallye Golf until he crashed it recently. Been going to shows with him for years.

Im with Adrian flux

they are not a bad price if you have a modified car but i wouldnt recomend them because of all the clauses they have so that whichever way you look at it from a customers point of view you are getting a rough deal.

I am 20 on they 16v with air filter full custom exhaust and superchip

1500 fully comp with an sp30 and 2 years no claims

The excess is a massive 650 and i didnt even have a choice when i turn 21 the excess will drop by 350 though, ill be an old driver! :p

Dave

Adrian flux wouldnt insure me coz of my one acccident I had!

I will try them cheers welsh182! Is there a name I should say that sent me?!

Ask for John, tell him Martin told you to ring, and tell him your a member of Cliosport and he will try to get you extra discount for being a member of a car club.

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 22 April 2004

try liverpool vic mate, very good for mods
Theyve never given me a good quote.. even on my 1.2..

They wouldnt insure me on the Williams unless I was at least 21 and 1 NCD I think.. heh.

Tappd'd RS

Daz - you sure you will be able to transfer the 1 yr NCD from a 10 month policy if you switch to another insurer?

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 22 April 2004

Daz - you sure you will be able to transfer the 1 yr NCD from a 10 month policy if you switch to another insurer?
Not a clue.. they say they give me a full NCD.. so Im guessing that includes a proper cert or whatever to say I have it.

Even if I cant, Elephant might be cheaper.. but by then, Ill be 21 and have 1 NCD.. so..

At the moment, I have nothing in the way of NCD.. so anythings better! Heh!

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 22 April 2004

HIC
Well, since people have been getting quotes from people other than Phil.. they seem MEGA expensive.

Has was getting silly high quotes on his 1.2 from them!

yep, 4k with HIC!

whats ur stats then daz and what u paying on ur 1.2? ur mods declared?

I will try them tomorra cheers Martin! hopefully as they say in norwich union, lets hope they quote me happy!

alright connor, just thought id mention, dont know if u read my post but direct line offered me 1800 fully comp for a bmw 323! its about the same for 325 and 328! i dont know why its so cheap but im same age as you and have no no claims etc!

mike

GreenLight were my cheapest quote by far on my old car

Very reasonable on mods too.. I think I was quoted an extra £90 a year for NOS (just asked as a "worst case" scenario) - I think it was about £20 for a system + filter.

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 22 April 2004

yep, 4k with HIC!

whats ur stats then daz and what u paying on ur 1.2? ur mods declared?

I will try them tomorra cheers Martin! hopefully as they say in norwich union, lets hope they quote me happy!
Well, I got a quote of £780 Fully Comp on my 1.2.. with all mods declared from Phil...

Im 20, No NCD, No Previous Insurance..

The best quote I got outside of HIC on the 1.2 was Liverpool Victoria I think? Which was going to be about £1300 fully comp.

500bhp Scoob

im after insurance for after 2moro hopefully, payday is then, and the lowest ive been quoted is by admiral/elephant (both exactly the same quote online) for £1142.40 TPFT (12 months) 19yrs old, No NCB, had full license for less than 1 month on a 1993 Clio RT 1.4 (5dr)

Anyone recommend anyone else, tryed liverpool victoria they quoted 1145 tpft but they allow cosmetic mods which is idealy what i want as im getting respray, kit etc

cheers and sorry for hi-jacking this thread hehe

Greenlight dont insure under 21 year olds unfortunatly!

I saw that mike mate but direct line wont allow any modifications done to the car until your 25 which isnt good for me really!

Daz, whose this phil geezer?

Liverpool victoria sounds very good, i will ring them and tescos and a few others tomora! it looks like i might just have to ring every insurance ocmpany on my list again! its like 40 companies, but it will ensure me getting the best deal, i was just hoping pplz would know of companies that are good with mods, i guess they dont like my one accident ive had!!!!
Asda quoted me 1700 with P&P and 3 mods allowed... and said without pass plus it wouldve been 3600! thats a joke!

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 23 April 2004

Daz, whose this phil geezer?
He used(?) to work at HIC.. gave very good quotes. People have been saying hes left now tho..

im with Admiral and they accept most mods

18yrs old, no NCB, 1 yr experience, 1.4RT highly modded (exterior)
,£1000 TPFT

next year will be down to £850

500bhp Scoob

do admiral allow u to pay monthly?? and also where u able to get em to knock the price down by phoning em up.

ive never had to take insurance out before, so ive got no idea on how to get em to lower it at all