ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance companies still have my car as a 1.2?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Yet its a 2L sport 172 since nearly 3years now, whats the crack, dont they get their info from the dvla or somewhere :/

Does anyone know who do i inform of changing ths, as on the v5 its declared so its all legit

Do you mean you've done a 2.0L conversion (with or without all the interior/bodywork/rear beam/etc) and think typing your reg in to any of these databases (whether it's Halfords, MID or DVLA) should say you have a 172? Or have you physically moved your license plate (associated with the 1.2 onto a seperate 172)

Your car is still a 1.2 shell with a 1.2 vin etc, just with a bigger engine (which should show up in section 1 of the V5) and, as far as the DVLA & insurance company are concerned, lots of user-made modifications. It doesn't matter how much you modify a car or what you modify it to be like if it still has the shell and vin number of a 1.2 then it'll be a 1.2 clio. All the poor Ferrari/Lambo replicas etc still appear on a V5 etc as a Toyota MR2.

I must be missing something here because the way I'm reading it is making you look a bit silly? :p

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Insurance companies won't automatically 'know' a car has an engine conversion, regardless of whether it's on the v5 or not. It's your responsibility to tell them.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I get what your saying, but the point i am trying to get over is, if the records have been updated by dvla to show 1998cc and not 1149cc(still 1.2 shell), then insurance should have some sort of marker to say this, otherwise whats stopping someone else to buy the car and insuring it as a 1.2?, it would also make it easier to find insurance on these comparison websites,

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I understand what you are saying and i thought that would be the case too. should just put the reg in and the site should know what engine goes with that reg etc. either way its probably best to ring up and tell them anyway last thing you want is a voided insurance.

Yet its a 2L sport 172 since nearly 3years now, whats the crack, dont they get their info from the dvla or somewhere :/

Does anyone know who do i inform of changing ths, as on the v5 its declared so its all legit
Insurance compnaies don't often get there records updated the cars have the same details as they day they were built. SO long as the insurance company know what the carr is engine wise and the paperwork you have agrees with it them your safe.