ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance diff between Valver and Willy

Leon Cupra R 225
Hope that helps, just Im not sure how much more it would be Im guessing lots.

Are you over 21?

Mint Clio Valver!
im with adrian flux who rate the valver as an insurance group 15 but every other car they've quoted me for have been the same ins gp as parkers.co.uk.
So assuming they rek williams is ins grp.17 wot u rek?

il be 21 in october and have 3yrs no claims and live in a low crime zone. Been driving 4 years.

Williams is same as UK spec Impreza for insurance whenever I have had quotes for either car, maybe £30 or so difference. When I had the Willy it was just under £700 one year, but that's with 5 years NCD, but my valver I had was £500 odd but with zero no claims discount on it... so dunno, but I'd say a fair bit of difference tbh, prolly £1000 for you at a guess?

Leon Cupra R 225
Ah i see. Yea adrian flux work on the basis of insuring younger drivers on cars they shouldnt be able to get insured on. but the catch being the premium will be high.

Is it £800 fully comp on your valver at the mo? I think that a Williams would be nearer to a grand :S

But worth it IMO. ;)

Mint Clio Valver!
Williams is same as UK spec Impreza for insurance whenever I have had quotes for either car, maybe £30 or so difference. When I had the Willy it was just under £700 one year, but that's with 5 years NCD, but my valver I had was £500 odd but with zero no claims discount on it... so dunno, but I'd say a fair bit of difference tbh, prolly £1000 for you at a guess?
an extra £1000!?!?!?

Was double for me at one point..

And that's if someone will insure you on a Williams.

Some places would on a 16v but not a Williams for me.. so one place would on a 16v and it was half what I could get the Williams for from another place..

Leon Cupra R 225
Ring up adrian flux and just see if they will insure you on a valver. they should do as they are an insurance company designed to insure sportier cars than your average.

I reckon it will be £1000ish third party.

Leon Cupra R 225
phattboycoxy said:
a grand nay too bad.
whats the reliability like with the williams compared to valver?

I've not owned either. Both being a similar age reliability Id expect to be similar though. Has your valver been reliable?

Mint Clio Valver!
not too bad.
have replaced alternator, battery and road springs. (approx £800)
So not too bad. Had it for over a year and added 10k to take it up to 85k miles. Most of the problems came after a long period of not being driven. Due to uni, valver didn't like that very much! thats when the alternator died. Passed its MOT with flying colours 3months ago though!

Leon Cupra R 225
phattboycoxy said:
not too bad.
have replaced alternator, battery and road springs. (approx £800)
So not too bad. Had it for over a year and added 10k to take it up to 85k miles. Most of the problems came after a long period of not being driven. Due to uni, valver didn't like that very much! thats when the alternator died. Passed its MOT with flying colours 3months ago though!

There you go, so pretty good your valver. So the aim if your getting a williams is not to rush and end up with a dog of a car. Instead go for a minter, it most likely will take a long time to find it and take a fair distance to get to it but if your prepared to do it, do it.

;)

Mint Clio Valver!
il give adrian flux a call and see what they can do for me.

cheers for the responses. Much appreciated. Please carry on adding replies if you have any more advice to give.
James

Leon Cupra R 225
phattboycoxy said:
il give adrian flux a call and see what they can do for me.

cheers for the responses. Much appreciated. Please carry on adding replies if you have any more advice to give.
James

Cool, let us know how the call goes, I am interested to see what they have to say about it. Only other advice I can give is to stick within your budget if the quote is silly just say your not interested in the slightest. And stick to your valver.

Mint Clio Valver!
There you go, so pretty good your valver. So the aim if your getting a williams is not to rush and end up with a dog of a car. Instead go for a minter, it most likely will take a long time to find it and take a fair distance to get to it but if your prepared to do it, do it.

lol, ye. it took me yonks to find this valver! although i only saw one dog to be honest. Just had to check autotrader every morning for anything to snap up. the bloke who put that valver must've got the quickest sale ever from me! I reckon from him placing the add to the car being sold was around 4hours!

Do i really want a 3rd clio though?! (1.4RT, Valver, Williams)

Is a Williams trully worth it seeing as I drive a valver now?

Leon Cupra R 225
phattboycoxy said:
lol, ye. it took me yonks to find this valver! although i only saw one dog to be honest. Just had to check autotrader every morning for anything to snap up. the bloke who put that valver must've got the quickest sale ever from me! I reckon from him placing the add to the car being sold was around 4hours!

Do i really want a 3rd clio though?! (1.4RT, Valver, Williams)

Is a Williams trully worth it seeing as I drive a valver now?

Lol that is a quick sale but you got what u wanted which was the aim.

Yes a williams would cap your Mk1 Clio ownership perfectly. Then after that maybe a V6? ;)

Mint Clio Valver!
mayb once i sell the valver, i cud drive a 1.2 for a bit whilst trying to find a williams. Then i really wud've had the complete mk.1 range!

Leon Cupra R 225
lol about the Vee comments, true though they are the ultimate clio's around. So are u gona make this call we are awaiting the quotes you get?

Mint Clio Valver!
il be mekin it when i get home. lol. patience patience. im still at work, although im slackin' big time today. I don't wanna get caught by being on my mob.

Leon Cupra R 225
phattboycoxy said:
il be mekin it when i get home. lol. patience patience. im still at work, although im slackin' big time today. I don't wanna get caught by being on my mob.

LOL. We're just interested to know matey. Post up later the results of the call. I'll be on CS later most likely.

;)

Beetle
Insurance for me on a valver at the moment would be £864 tpft, on my williams (for sale ;) ) it will be £1580 tpft. Thats with elephant, me being 19, and having no no claims, passed test 2 years.

Mint Clio Valver!
elephant ripping you off mate!

Just rang adrian flux and the policy would be £998 tpft!

so £1000 was pretty damn good guesswork!

just two more questions:
Do you ever get used to the blue interior in a Williams?
and
How much faster do they feel than a valver?

Beetle
Elephant was the cheapest i could find, adrian flux wanted more.

I like the blue interior, they don't feel loads faster than a valver, they just pull better through the gears, you don't have to wait till the 4k kick.

Leon Cupra R 225
phattboycoxy said:
elephant ripping you off mate!

Just rang adrian flux and the policy would be £998 tpft!

so £1000 was pretty damn good guesswork!

just two more questions:
Do you ever get used to the blue interior in a Williams?
and
How much faster do they feel than a valver?

Not a bad guess by me was it matey!:cool: £2 short oh well.

That's pretty good that price. So you going to get a williams coz i would pay that if I was getting a williams.

Mint Clio Valver!
im pretty tempted. Would only be a question of paying the extra £200 for insurance which I have, and then raising the extra money to buy a decent one. Il be 21 in october by the time I mite consider it. Insurance be even less then!
I mite persuade my rents to help if i tell them its better at cruisin on the motorway. as i do quite a few motorway miles!
How many revs keeps it at 80 in 5th gear? valver is a about 4k on the dot.

car? need a license 1st!
21 in october eh? What date?

I'm 21 in october also, but unfortunately i'm banned for 12 months :(

Coincidentally, I was looking at quotes on the internet the other day, just to see what i'll be wasting my money on when i get my license back.

I went onto confused.com, was the only company i tried.

TPFT on a valver, 21 yrs old, 3 years driving exp before ban. minimum of £3500..

Looks like a 1.4 when i get my license back :p