ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance difference - 24/25

My insurance renewal is up at the 1st of the month but I unfortunately/fortunately hit the magic 25 years old near the end of June.

How much of an impact is this going to have on my premium if any?

Brentacre have quoted me the thick of 700 quid for my renewal (2 years NCB, 1 claim - not my fault).

Put my pals insurance down around £300 I think.

Would be worth either putting the car off the road until your birthday or insuring it and cancelling the policy and taking a new one out on your birthday

Hyundai i40
I didnt notice much when i was 25 more when id turned 26 there was a huge drop of around £250

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I was told by my insurer a couple of years ago that if its close enough they will take it as you being that age! How true it actually is I don't know!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
didn't notice any change on my renewal this year tbh. i turned 25 in sept '09 and my renewal was in feb '10. i thought there'd be a huge drop but it was only actually a few quid. hopefully it'll be better next time around?!!

Nothing at the mo :(
Hopefully when i insure my car next year when im 24 it will be alot cheaper then i pay now :D hopefully near the £600 zone

2 months before I turned 25 I stacked the car, causing a £3000 fault claim. When I renewed I was 25, and with the crash it was identical to the previous years premium. So it came down the same amount as the crash put it up.

Does that make sense? lol

Vw Passat, clio 182
Get the insurance after your birthday. It'll will be cheaper. Sister had a quote before birthday, on a 1.2 Clio £780. After birthday £ 497.

walker182

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
same position but im 20, policy ended last sunday renewal was £1190 if i wait till im 21 end of june it drops to £ 820 with elephant/admiral. so annoying as im off the road for over a month !

I've been getting quotes for the BMW, and if I insured it while I was still 24 it was going to cost twice as much as insuring it now I am 25.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Mine went up on my auto renewal, went with Sky Insurance in the end and got the quote £100 cheaper and with everything declared.