ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance games begins

BMW M135I
Well renewal came in from adrian flux today at an unbelievable 2300 on a 172.
Only paid 1800 last year for 1/2 year on a 1.4 16v clio and half on the 172

Dont think im paying that!!!!! (Actually, i know im not)

At 20, 2 1/2 years driving and 2 year no claims (which will be 21, 3 years in february)

Anyway, thought i best ring them up and still they couldnt beat it so i added my mum to the policy and got it a 2100 but still way too much. Problem was i hadnt got other quotes yet.

So i decided to ring brentacre who got me 1949 with the usual unlimited mods up to 180 bhp without my mum on, just from pitching them a price of 2000 from adrian flux

Going to ring adrian flux back up to try and beat that as this is where the games start, by pitching them against each other they start to slowly get lower until one says we cant do any better.

Any others insurers that are good with mods likely to compete?

Don't go with Adrian Flux?

Admiral quoted me 1400 on a 3.2 anything, 23, 6 years driving, 3 points and 0NCB.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
my motor quote were cheap for me . think it was £1700 or £1800 fully comp on a 172 cup at 20yrs old just passed no points ( havnt passed but was testing the water )

BMW M135I
my motor quote were cheap for me . think it was £1700 or £1800 fully comp on a 172 cup at 20yrs old just passed no points ( havnt passed but was testing the water )

That standard though? and problem also arises with me thanks to 3 lovely women drivers who dont watch what they are doing and cant drive,

One into the side of me from a parked position as a drove by (in mums golf)
2nd straight into back of my old 1.4 clio
3rd reversing into back wheel arch in tesco car park

This goes agaisnt me still even though i couldnt do anything

BMW M135I
£700 from flux at 24, with ITB's etc

2 years no claims.

yeye dont rub it in :dapprove:

One thing im planning on doing, and touch wood it doesnt happen, is cancelling my policy in february and starting a new one when im 21 aslong as i dont crash, or someone goes into me which is story of my life lol then it will probs be better to do.

In between cars....
As mentioned, try the elephant / bell / admiral, same company but one will be cheaper, was elephant for me this year

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Just shop around. I've never been with the same company two years running.

BMW F21 125d
My insurance renewal went up this year too, only by £30, but I spent hours shopping around & hunting and in the endI couldnt beat the renewal price offered by my current insurer.

Direct Line, 182, 7 Years NCB (1 claim in last 3 years, not my fault) £462.00

BMW M135I
Just shop around. I've never been with the same company two years running.

tbh this seems the best way, swapping and changing as they try for your custom but come renewal they think/ hope you accept because they hope you cant be bothered with shopping about

180.5 bhp 172
Try Direct Line.

Im 21 with 3yrs NCB, had a licence for 4yrs and they only want a touch over £600 on a 172, on my own policy, fully comp, and with £350 excess!

BMW M135I
Try Direct Line.

Im 21 with 3yrs NCB, had a licence for 4yrs and they only want a touch over £600 on a 172, on my own policy, fully comp, and with £350 excess!

see this is why im thinking out biting the bullet till february as then it drops down considerably, as ill be 21 then etc for sake of 4 months ncb and then it always falls on when i passed and my birthday at the same time:D

Polo + Micra
i'd avoid direct line like the plague tbh

second rate insurance company if you ask me

Nissan 350z
DirectLine are one of the cheapest you will find, especially when you take into consideration their whole "-10% when done online" + "-10% for somene at the same address using DirectLine car insurance" deals they do.

They are however nazis when it comes to mods so thats the trade off im affraid.

Im with AdrianFlux at the moment and so far Greenlight have been the cheapest.

Clio 182
im with churchill atm, im paying £811 fully comp, but im 21 with 4 years no claims and 6 points!

'oh yes'

CLIO PH1 172
just insured my 172 monday 20, 3ync, 3 points, £1000 :D (fully comp on my own ins) i was well happy considering iv payed 1st yr 1400 2nd yr 999 3rd yr 700 on my mk 1 1.4rt on my dad as main driver

I have never run off a 172 to see what my insurance would be! Someone give me a reg to go on confused.com

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
that modified?

Also if other people state who they have used, state if its is standard or modified please?

thats with it being standard! bell are usually the best for age/cars like these, i have had 4 insurance policies with bell and they are really good.

BMW M135I
Can anyone shed any more light on good insurance companies that DEAL WITH MODIFICATIONS, so far im down to 1900 with brentcare with the usual unlimited cosmetic mods etc but im going to try adding my mum to it and hopefully it will go down a bit more

Just waiting for Sky insurance to get back to me but cant see them beating it at all.

I am paying £198 with Direct Line for my 172...aged 31 with 14 yrs NCB...

Insurance for younger drivers is a bloody nightmare for anything remotely fast...